This morning I posted elsewhere that I thought my water should break in church. That way I could reserve that pew for our family...forever. Cuz, seriously? Who would want to sit there after that?
With my silliness in mind, we went to church this morning and just as I stepped over the thresh hold, I thought my water broke. I ran to the bathroom and was just not sure (no I didn't pee my pants!).
I came out to the foyer and Richard was standing with some friends of ours. I, being the entirely shy and private gal I am, blurted out to ALL of them that I thought my water broke. My friend's husband and father got a little "Ugh! OK...." look on their faces and Richard smiled. My friend and I walked around a bit, but after many more checks in the bathroom, I think my earlier suspicions were some wishful thinking and poor lighting in the ladies room. Sigh.
But Richard did bring me a big piece of black plastic that a couple from church (who read my elsewhere post and go to our church) had brought for me to sit on...just in case.
I laughed and made sure to sit right next to them in their pew!
I was told yesterday that when I don't post I make everyone think I am having the baby. So I will probably post lots of nonsense this week so you don't have to guess. I told Richard when the baby comes he needs to write a short post for me to keep the people (all three of you!!) informed. He was excited until I told him he couldn't share the name in that post. So he said I could just wait and post myself! What a baby!!! I just want to do the special name post myself. It is MY blog after all! So I will try to borrow my dad's laptop in the hospital to give me a sense of normalcy and so I can announce her name. Soon! Only 5 more sleeps until we meet our Fo!!!
3 comments:
My water didn't break all at once with Emma. It leaked over a couple days so I didn't know that it was breaking. I just had to use the bathroom more often, it never got anything wet, so I didn't realize. :) I'm just sayin'
(the doctor went to break the water in the hospital and hardly any came out and that is when he determined it had been slowly releasing over a day or two)
thanks for including us in your blog, we feel so special! I knew if any mom to be could take that joke it would be you. We can't wait to meet Fo!!! I may have to run my laptop to the hospital for you because I am dying to know the name!!!
Amy P
I'm glad that your husband is going to let us know when the baby comes. Hmmm...but I'm starting to wonder if the real reason you want to post the name is because you're ACTUALLY naming your daughter "Fo". My theory is that you've been using the name ahead of time to ease us into it.
Just kidding, of course. Can you imagine?! Although I do remember hearing a few years ago of a couple with the last name Walker who named their son Luke Sky.
Post a Comment