Isn't she precious?! This is my wonderful friend, Angela, who threw the shower for me. It was perfect: a fun afternoon of snacking and chatting with dear friends. Angela has such a sweet spirit. She invited Raegan and I over this week so I can sit and let Raegan play and be distracted without going crazy. I am sure I will take her up on it if I don't go into labor today! She is quickly becoming a dear friend that I cherish and am so thankful for.
Remember when I went to Amy's shower and we took belly shots? I decided it would be fun to have another one ;) She worked out throughout her pregnancy (uh...yeah...me too!) and looks amazing. Her baby is only about 20 days old when this was taken.
Speaking of baby Allie: Amy brought her and was willing to let us all man handle her! She is so precious!! This is my lovely Mama and she was in heaven! I've never seen a woman love babies as much as this lady. I used to tease her because in public she is not shy about oohing over babies and she gets completely distracted if babies are present. She told me once while I was teasing her that her love of babies is a special gift from God. She lost four and for so long wondered why God allowed her to go through such pain. Her love of children now just shows how far she came in the healing process. Amazing woman, my Mom.
And on a random, very scary note: my niece, Emily, got her driver's permit this month. Ahhhhhh!!!!!!! Isn't' she beautiful?! I was 13 when she was born...it's fun to watch her and Raegan because Emily was 13 when Raegan was born. She loves her cousin, but we don't get to see nearly enough of Em, so Raegan is a bit shy at times. We're working on it!
Well, I should try to lie back down before Raegan wakes up. I am not sleeping great: last night I had dreams about Guy Fieri and my water breaking...intermittently. Strange. I have my last Dr. appointment today. One more Non Stress Test and perhaps another invasion by the Dr. to attempt to get things moving on their own. My personal Dr. is out of town until Friday so it I go into labor before then, I am at the on-call's mery. That's exactly what happened with Raegan and everything was just fine. Since the Dr. really only comes in to "catch the baby" I don't care much who is there...as long as someone is!!
No comments:
Post a Comment