Sunday, July 12, 2009

Update on baby Allie

I spoke with my friend a tonight and got more details on Allie's condition. She has a small hole in her lung from all the merconium that she inhaled. Her lungs aren't strong enough to breathe without assistance and she is in critical condition. I asked my friend if I could mention anything specific for prayer. She answered that there are too many specifics right now, so they ask that we pray for Allie to stay strong. She has a fight ahead of her.
Let me introduce you to my friends. "Mommy" (I'm not sure if they want me to say their names so I won't until I confirm that) is a counselor and enjoys working in schools. Due to the economy and cutbacks, she has been out of a job most of her pregnancy and I know this has been a great source of stress for her and "Daddy". She actually had a counselor job outside of school and was let go because her husband had an emergency surgery and needed her to care for him for a bit while he was recovering.
They have been married for at least 10 years (if not more) and have tried to have children for many of those years. God blessed them with this baby and it has been so fun to watch her through her pregnancy. Her husband is so excited to be a Daddy. She mentioned that he has a very hard time leaving Allie in NICU and it's really hard to watch. Could you all hit your knees with me if you feel led, and pass this on? This is so much to take in as new parents, I can't even imagine.
I'm praying that they would see God's Healing hand in amazing ways. That they would feel His comfort and understanding as a Father; as their Father. That baby Allie will recover quickly and fully. That she will remain strong and that her little lungs will do as they should. That the doctors would have wisdom and discernment in their care of her. That when "Mommy" is discharged, they will be able to bear the heartache of leaving Allie behind for now.
Thank you so much. I'm going to see them tomorrow and will be able to update again.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We are praying for them. Please keep us updated.

Amy said...

Praying for them, thanks for sharing..Please do let us know how she is when you can!