(My computer is protesting against spell check and I'm feeling too lazy to proof right now, so please ignore my fast-typing mistakes!)

First picture with my mother and sister in-laws. Day after wedding at niece's birthday party, right before we left for Disneyland.
Our first dog, Odie. We got him within a month of being married and loved him to bits. But we had no plans to move out of our apartment and he wasn't as ok with apartment living as we were told he would be. We could never leave home: he would howl the entire time!
Our kitten: Puppy. We got her to ease the ache of our first miscarriage. Her name came as a result of pain medication from my surgery!
We bought a bike once we decided not to have kids for four years. Little did we know! We had a lot of fun on that bike. I actually wasn't riding this day; I had our car. I would never ride (not even down the street!) without my helmet. Which, by the way, is covered with pink, purple and silver butterflies and swirls. I love it!
Not the best picture, but here is Lola. We got her on our first Valentine's day and LOVED her! She didn't love Raegan, though, and was too possesive of Richard once baby girl came along. We miss her and talk about her all the time!
"Man plans and God laughs" and we have been so happy that God had different ideas. Raegan was a tiny secret, known only to our Creator for a little while :)
She arrived and changed our lives completely December 27, 2007.
My first birthday was so special with an 8 day old!

Our first family trip - Colorado.
Around our 2nd anniversary. We were a little more focused on the parenting thing last year and didn't have a chance to celebrate. We did go to an outdoor Mark Schultz concert a few days after the 1st and left Raegan with a babysitter for the first time.

First real family photos thanks to the generosity of a friend.
God had yet another secret that is also tucked away and hiding, making this our first Christmas as a family of four! (Raegan's first real Christmas)
We have loved (well, Raegan and I have loved) Richard's day schedule this year. Makes for lots of lunch meetings at G & G's house!
Our first weekend alone for a looong time. Much needed!
We are celebrating our anniversary on Friday. I might post about that and then I am done with all this mushy stuff! So much has happened this week that I normally would have been a blogging fool about! So I will definitely be updating soon. But for now, I might take a break for a few days. Our computer just about crashed (thank God for my dad - he saved our pictures!!) and it's still on the mend, so for now we're using my dad's laptop. Richard's parents are coming for a visit this weekend and we're not sure how long they can stay (hopefully a long time- I miss them!). So I might be popping in here and there. Hope you all have a wonderful celebration of our Nation's freedom! The amazing thing is not only that we live in this wonderful place, but that no matter what, we can all have freedom in the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to God for all HE has done!!!
2 comments:
What a great conclusion post to your story. Very well written. I hope you have a great Anniversary today!
Hi it's Krysten. I clicked on your blog from a 'friend's' :) I think it is wonderful to read, even long posts, about the things that are most important to you and how God has blessed you with those you love. Happy anniversary, thanks for sharing ~K
Post a Comment