We went to L&D on Monday. I was having some labor type symptoms and icky feelings and called the Dr. office to see if they cared or if I could just let things happen (if they were going to). We are right at that iffy mark where baby would be ok, but let's hope she cooks a bit longer, so the Dr wanted me to go get checked out. Baby was wonderful so they took her off the monitor and left me hooked. I was averaging three contractions an hour (with "a lot of irritability in between") while we were there. The nurse kept pumping me with liquids, so I kept having to sneak down the hall to go wee. Don't you love shuffling around in those flattering, quite indecent, gowns?! Anyway, I've had an infection for a bit (I'll spare you the details) and it appears that my body doesn't like the antibiotics I've been on, so I had to have blood drawn and other such things to see what's going on. I also had to take home a fun little kit to "capture" a "sample" to bring back to the hospital the next day. What fun that was! Not embarrassing at all...it really wasn't bad until the gal taking my "sample" began to open the paper brown sack while talking to me. I was so scared she would take everything out in front of me...and everyone else in line. Egads!!! Thankfully, I don't mind being rude at this point in my pregnancy and I took off as quickly as possible.
Anyway. While hooked up in the hospital the other night, Richard and I decided to slip the Dr some moolah to just take the baby out now. We thought $20 - $40 should be enough to convince the doc to "buy herself something pretty" and help us along. Unfortunately, the nurse didn't pass along our offer. Ah, well. I guess we will have to wait for God's timing...it is perfect after all...said the very round woman with a sigh.
In other news, I was quite proud when this picture was taken a month ago, because I was on baby #2, well into things, and still no stretch marks. I am sad to report that as of last night, those nasty little boogers have made a triumphant appearance. Ah, well. I am thankful for my children and will not complain about such mediocre details. But I had to get it out.
Since I am certainly just babbling away here, I will sign off. I'll even throw in some pictures of Big Sister to make up for all the silly nothingness of this post! Ta-ta!
Who knows what is wrong here, but I think she is just the cutest squealer in the world! I often am suppressing laughter while disciplining. I wonder if God feels the same way sometimes. Obviously sin and disobedience aren't cute, but...this face! It just gets me!
Richard and I set up Raegan's toddler bed a week ago (more on that another time - no, she's not actually sleeping in it yet) and she was so interested in helping. I was impressed with her instant connection with what Richard was doing and her ability to imitate him. She was very focused and intense!
Can you tell we have no problem lounging around here? I use and abuse our coffee table and put my feet up often. Lately it's not unusual to find Raegan trying to do the same!
1 comment:
I love that sweet little sundress she has on when helping Daddy! Whew - you are getting close! Prayers for you as you get even closer to meeting your sweet girly.
Post a Comment