Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just Sayin'


I don't know why, but I get a thrill when I see these diapers drying in my laundry room. Must be my desire to live in the 1950s or something....it has a domestic feel, doesn't it? Maybe it's also the low rumble of the dryer, the swish of the dishwasher and the sparkle of my clean kitchen. I'm just sayin'.

This girl just has the most amazing brown eyes I've ever seen...just sayin'...

I was trying to get a booty shot. This girl has no booty. Not until I slapped some bulky cloth diapers on her bum did I see this little booty-licious thing pop out. Now she looks like her Mommy. Although the booty looks much cuter on her...just sayin'!

I am very ready for baby "Fo". Shower to go to on Saturday, blankets and clothes washed and waiting, bassinet set up and ready, rocking chair next to my side of the bed, and her own set of "special-look-how-granola-my-mom-is" diapers waiting just for her arrival...any time baby...just sayin'...

This girl has captured my heart. She disappeared the other day and I found her reading to herself in her room (excuse the mess, we were shifting rooms around that day). She stayed in her room reading book after book forever! I love books and am so happy my daughter seems to be aware of how special they are...just sayin'.

Our zoo has a little elephant that mists water at little ones' level. Raegan loved it...as did her mommy. Normally I am very aware of other kids and making sure I make every effort to teach Raegan about sharing and being aware of others' needs...this day, however, it was hot and sticky and I was feeling very pregnant so we played and played...just sayin.

Richard and I went on a fun date for our anniversary that included mini golf. He was very sweet and took nice pictures of me (as in he actually let me smile for them and be aware that he was taking them instead of capturing some goofy look on my face like he usually does). I, however, had other things on my mind while holding the camera...

Just sayin'!

4 comments:

Alaina said...

Very cute post! :) Hope you love your cloth diapers!

Lisa said...

Oh, is THAT what that elephant is for?!? I had no idea! I love the diapers, by the way!

Angie said...

He he he! I love reading your blog! You are so funny! Those diapers seriously make me want to buy some because they are so cute (I know that's ridiculous at this point). I can't wait until Saturday!

denise said...

The diapers are so cute! I'd be excited to use them too (but wanting them to stay clean and pretty, which is silly considering what we use them for, don't you think?)

I cracked up when I got to the end of your post.