Saturday, July 25, 2009

Guns and Hoses

Last month, Richard participated in a fundraiser by competing in an eating contest. A team of police officers was pitted against a team of firefighters and given mounds of crazy, super hot wings to devour. I was so proud!! Here are some pictures of our day:

Each man was given 12 wings, swimming in outrageously hot sauce (they had to sign waivers to participate). After they started in on the wings, they had to wait a full 6 minutes before they could wipe their mouths or drink the milk provided for them. Richard's face was burning! Most of the guys were shaking from the heat of the sauce.

Instead of everyone going at it at once, they went down the line, two on two. Richard beat the firefighter across from him. I could hardly see anything through the crowd. Even standing on a chair, I had to stretch my camera out and hope to get a good shot. Raegan was hot and restless, so my sister walked her around for me...

right over to enemy lines! I glanced around during the competition to see how Raegan was doing and found my sister escorting her over to the fire truck and picking out a fireman's hat! Traitors!

When Richard saw his daughter in this hat, he said, "What have you put on my daughter's head?!" He quickly located a police badge sticker and placed it over the fire logo. All better.

There is no way this belly could get in the bouncy house with Raegan, so my sister crawled right in there! Thanks, Sissy! Raegan had so much fun.

Richard was the only officer that participated that didn't have to work that night, so his supervisor bought him a beer. I was so hot, I couldn't help myself...
just kidding! We knew we were going to see my mom after this, so my sister and I decided to pose a few pictures for her to freak out over. It didn't really work...but here is a good side view of me at 31 weeks! I am now 35 weeks, can you believe it?! Only 34 days to go until due date! Aghhhhh!!!!!! That beer is sounding better and better...

Raegan got to meet her first K-9. I think this adorable pup is Bowser. He was so sweet!

It was such a fun day! She slept great that night. Richard doesn't get to hold her like this very much anymore. She's always wide awake and ready to play when he's home. You can see how much he loves to cuddle.
I haven't been able to blog much lately since we've been using my dad's laptop and pictures were hard to get to. So this week will be a catch-up of sorts. Not many exciting things, but things that must be documented for our family's sake.
By the way, for any of you living in our area, I am planning to take some things over to Amy, Zeb and baby Allie after the 1st. If anyone is interested in making a meal to freeze or something, let me know! I know they would really appreciate it! You can just email me if that's easier.

2 comments:

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Found you through another blog today. My first time over. LOVED the post about your police officer hubby and his big win against the fireman.

I married a former police officer. I work still as a police dispatcher in California. It is a great job and one I have been blessed to have for many years.

Congrats on your beautiful growing family!

denise said...

Cracked up over your husband getting riled up with Raegan's fireman hat. I love too how you put in the fake picture to freak out your family. So something I would do ;)