I love good news. In a world of bad news and even worse news, good news is a shining beacon of hope.
Baby Allie went home yesterday. She got to sleep in her own little bed that was so carefully decorated weeks before her arrival. She got to just be Allie. Not Allie in NICU.
Amy stopped by my house for a few minutes the week Allie was due. I walked her out to her car and oohed and ahhhed over the car seat set up in the back, waiting patiently for little Agnus (as they called her before they were sharing her name) to come join us. When Allie was in NICU, all I could think about was that car seat and I prayed they wouldn't have to take it out without a baby inside.
Allie got to ride in her car seat yesterday! I am so excited about the simplicity of that. God is so good to us.
There are so many others in need that are clinging to small beacons of hope in their life. Cancer is ravaging so many little bodies. Sickness, poverty, and violence are making people everywhere wonder about Who God is and what game He is playing.
I promise anyone who doubts: He is not playing games. Unfortunately we as a race made bad choices. Choices that led us away from God's will and right into our own. Regardless, He offers hope. Death isn't the last step. It's the beginning of an even longer journey. We have the choice to make it a journey of joy and amazement, or despair and agony.
Christ died and rose again so that we may live with Him for all eternity. Embrace that hope. I just love when He reminds us in little ways of what Hope fulfilled will look like. Such as little Allie breathing in and out on her own. The hope that Amy and Zeb have clung to for the last couple weeks that they would bring their baby home is fulfilled. Praises be!
2 comments:
That is great news! Thank you for sharing!
I'm so glad to hear that little Allie is home with her parents! I love, too, how you connected that picture of hope with our hope in Christ. The gospel is truly the best possible news. Thanks for the encouragement today.
Post a Comment