First, for those visiting about WOW, I will state my goals this week. I almost didn't sign up, but I just can't help myself! My goals this week are pretty easy and simple:
1) Gather yard sale supplies for a friend of mine. She and her husband are living in our area for the summer and she is having a heck of a time finding a job. So they are having a yard sale to help stretch their funds. I have plenty of things I would like to get rid of and not enough for my own sale, so my project is to gather some things for her (I have to have them delivered by Saturday!!!). This should also set me on the right path for preparing for baby Fo. I'm no where near prepared!
2) I have been working on a story for a few months now. I haven't written much in the last week or so. My heart just isn't in it. But there is another story that has been so heavy on my heart and mind that I finally decided to put my current one on hold and dive into this other one. It will be interesting since it takes place in a completely different time and place. I have a lot of research to do. But God has placed these characters on my heart, and I can't ignore them any longer. So my goal is to have one chapter and some research for a timeline done by next week.
3) My mom is teaching me to sew while she's home. Another sweet friend has been teaching me and I'm just not getting it! While my mom is home, she was really excited to show me what she knows and we are making an outfit or two for Raegan. The fabric is cut out ready to be sewn together at her house, we just have to finish it.
That's my W.O.W. plan this week!
Richard had to work during my ultrasound, but his boss let him pop over and stay with me, as long as nothing crazy happened in the city. He was in uniform and had his car with him. He assured me that very few things could get him called away from our appointment. Such as what, I asked him.
Armed robbery, shots fired, officer in trouble, things like that. Rare things in the city he works in.
So as we were waiting in the half-full, quiet waiting room, I hear Richard's radio go crazy.
Dee-doo, Dee-doo, Dee-Doo...All units respond...armed robbery...bank...
Richard and I looked at each other in frustration. Seriously?
Richard and I listened as his co-workers set up perimeter and discussed strategy on the radio, sirens wailing in the background. As far as his co-workers knew, Richard's radio was off and they were to call him if he was needed. We stared at his phone, willing it not to ring.
After a few minutes, it became clear that the bank was fine, an employee had accidentally hit the wrong button while deactivating the alarm. Phew!
It was after we made that discovery that I looked around at the other patients in the office. While this is pretty common to us, the looks on their faces were priceless!
Nonchalantly thumbing through their magazines, husbands and wives (most wives great with child) were glancing at each other and leaning toward our side of the room, just a hair. It was so funny! I'm sure our moments of suspense and disappointment that he might not get to be part of this ultrasound were moments of excitement and fascination to them! It was fun to laugh about later.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you joined in! You are going to be BUSY this week. You'll deserve the coffee if you win! : )
I can't wait to see pictures of Raegan's dress when you finish.
I'm working on a novel right now, too, and you keep inspiring me to keep writing. Thanks! I hope I can get an autographed copy when yours is published.
Glad your husband was able to stay for the ultrasound. I've been in that very same position many times! I didn't know our husbands did the same thing. : )
Go, Bethany, go!
I was just reading a little on your blog and it looks like we might be due around the same time. I have a little girl that will be 18 months on Saturday and I am 30 weeks prego today. What a cute family.
I hope your W.O.W. project goes well!
Thanks for your comment over on my blog. We are having girl number two!!! We are so happy to be having another girl!!!
I hope all is going well with your pregnancy.
Go Go Go! But don't over do it! Sounds like quite the busy week. Can't wait to see how you do! Mia
Post a Comment