Monday, June 22, 2009

Not Me Monday


I did not thoroughly enjoy this sweet moment with Raegan today.
I did not get out of our car on a windy day, in a swishy dress, and flash everyone in the parking lot "Marilyn Monroe" style at a busy restaurant. I did not then attempt to get Raegan out of the car, ignoring Richard's very persistent "Bethany, let me...No! Let me..." only to find out that my dress was, in fact, completely up in the air exposing my blue flower print undies to those in the parking lot that hadn't seen the first show. Not me!
I did not sprint, pregnant belly bouncing painfully, after Raegan when she giggled and ran away down the sidewalk out front.I did not know that I took it much easier on her than her Daddy would have. I did not then laugh very loud when Richard told Raegan, "You are very lucky Mommy reached you first, little one!" Not me!
We have not finally narrowed the baby name search down to two names. I have not been trying to get Raegan to choose which name. She did not say "Noooo" to Baby Name A and giggle most adorably at Baby Name B. I did not have a day early in the week where I was really pondering the name "Galilee". Seriously. Not me!
I did not plan our meals mostly around hot dogs this week. Or visit my parents just to raid my Dad's emergency candy stash (for his diabetes). On that note, I certainly did not encourage a drive-thru visit to Carl's Jr. the other night. I also did not pretend it was a spur of the moment thought when really I had stuffed the coupons into my purse (in giddy anticipation) before we left the house. I did not then order a jalapeno burger and leave tomatoes on to "keep it healthy". I did not wolf down the whole thing and moan and groan from heart burn all night. Not me!
And finally, I did not have a dream about Jon and Kate and what the "Big Announcement" would be tonight. I do not watch that show, I do not care what the announcement is, and I most certainly do not dream vivid dreams where we are all friends and I get to be on the show and make money off of it! Not Me!!
Anyone else?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahahahahaha! You're just so cute, Bethany. I love "Not Me Monday!"

Angie said...

That is so funny!! I love to read your blog. I can't wait to get together with you soon.

Adrian said...

I do not thoroughly LOVE your Not Me Mondays!! I do not whole-heartedly anxiously await getting together with my dear friend Bethany and her fam, next month!
I do not love you bunches!
XOXOAdrian