Wednesday, June 24, 2009

W.O.W.

Well, I did get things accomplished this week, although I don't have much to show for it. First, we did gather and deliver goods for a yard sale. We really didn't have as big of a pile as I hoped, but we had some good stuff. So-yard sale for friends-CHECK.
Second, my story is coming along. I have no creative fabrication on paper, but I do have a lot of research notes and have a more solid idea of where these characters are going. I'm really excited! There is much more research to do before I can create the setting and story, but it's been fun to dive in. So, story research and such-CHECK.
And lastly, my mom and I did work on Raegan's outfit. We probably would have finished it, but my machine refuses to sew appropriately and it looks like a visit to the sewing machine Dr. is in order. It sews teeny, weeny stitches and we cannot get it to sew the stitch size we want. But I do have pictures to prove we were working on it. I did learn a lot about sewing this week, so although I do not have a finished product, I consider this one a CHECK as well. We also -FINALLY- landed on a name for "Fo" that we both love. It fits right in with her middle name and our last name. I love it! So that feels like another big CHECK that will help me sleep at night! Thanks, Becky! The last official W.O.W. of the summer was fun!

After a day with Great Grandpa (while mom and I were sewing) my child was FILTHY! Chocolate all over the face, juice all over the shirt...who knows what else. She was so adorably sticky and happy. But I am including this blurry picture because she looks the least disheveled in it!

My beautiful Mama. She has been so patient with me-I am not fun to teach new things to. I get very frustrated during the learning process. I want to know NOW!
Richard and I have been planning to use extra money next month to sod a little patch of yard next to our driveway. We are those neighbors that have the trashy rock and week yard and we are tired of pulling weeds out there. It won't take much to sod it, so we've been getting excited to do that that this summer. Until I sat down today and realized how much we have to get for baby "Fo". Oh my. The yard will have to wait until next year! I wasn't even thinking about it: We only have two paychecks left before this baby comes! We have the big stuff: bassinet (and a toddler bed to move Raegan into when it's time to move "Fo" into the crib), changing table, swing, stroller, front pack, little pump, nursing cover, diaper bag (although I still haven't found one I really like)...all the things we felt were so essential for Raegan. But this baby is coming in a totally different season than Raegan did, so we do need some infant clothes. And I would love a baby bouncy seat. I didn't have one with Raegan and always wished I did. I know there is so much I need to care for this new little one, but I can't seem to wrap my brain around it all. Any of you remember what a new born needs? I'm overwhelmed!

Just trying to refresh my memory. Raegan was so beautifully, perfectly pink when she was born. Gorgeous. I'm excited to meet "Fo"!
Also, I realized yesterday that our anniversary is next Wednesday. Last year Richard had to work the swing shift, so I just made him a nice linner (lunch/dinner) and that was it for our anniversary. We also were in quite the rough patch and I don't think either of us was feeling celebratory. But we are in such a different place and I am so excited for our anniversary! This year we are having an evening out some weekend night, but I'm not sure how to make that day special. Any suggestions? What have been your favorite anniversary celebrations? (Keep it family friendly, please! Ha!!)

Trying to refresh another memory. That was such a wonderful day. I am so blessed to have married the man I did. We had a wonderful wedding - much more focused on the marriage than the wedding, I think. We had a fun honeymoon - just a of couple kids playing at Disneyland and Universal Studios. A fabulous start to our lives.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! The last really romantic anniversary celebration we had was dinner at Mona Lisa all by ourselves. That place is amazing!

Lisa said...

Oh, and by the way, you're welcome to borrow my sewing machine if you need to!

denise said...

Ooh, I'd love to share an idea for your anniversary. My husband surprised me one year by sending me on a mini-scavenger hunt. He left a note in the car that told me to go home and dress up. The note also gave directions to the next destination (a certain store at the mall), where I received another note with directions. After a couple more stops, I finally got a card with a nice gift and directions to my favorite fancy restaurant. My husband was waiting there for me. What a fun evening!

Becky Avella said...

We just had our anniversary, too! We have a lot in common. : ) I just saw that you are telling your story this week, and I can't wait to read it. I love romance. : )

You got a lot done this week! I can tell the dress is going to be so cute.

I'm glad this W.O.W. was fun for you.