Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Who Needs A Vacation? *UpDated*

*Update*
Fo was so calm for this ultrasound. I think we woke her up. She had her hands up over her face and the tech was trying to get a profile shot for us. Fo moved one hand and turned her head to look right at us. I could see cheeks and lips and eyes. So precious was that moment! I can't wait to meet her!
She is just fine. I feel silly for worrying now. Her head is going to be on the bigger side (my husband's head is pretty big and this was a fear of mine the first pregnancy, but I didn't even think about it this time!). She is over 3 pounds (ya know, as far as they can tell with measurements) and I have an over-achieving placenta as far as fluid goes. I'm not producing too much, but am on the high end, so she has plenty of room. The tech told us she's a tech's dream for 3-D photos because she can be seen so much clearer. They will just keep watching growth and if my size spikes again, we'll head for another ultrasound.

When you have beachfront property...

Drinks by the pool...


And the most wonderful pedicure money can't buy?

Raegan and I have been having a lot of fun together this week. She went for her 18 month check up on Monday and was a wee bit more tolerant of the doctor. I was there two weeks too early, so she couldn't get her shots (ah, nuts!). It was weird because the Dr. asked when our baby is due. I told him end of August and he said to just bring Raegan in for her shots then. Egads! We are that close to having this baby that her shots can be held off until the baby's first check-up? Wow.
Poop Story Warning
A fun (insert sarcastic tone here) story from the Dr. At one point when he was checking ears and such we both sniffed and laughed about the new odor in the room. He had to check her hips and such, so we put her on the bed and he undid her diaper. I was close by to assess the damage. He pulled back her diaper to reveal...neon blue poo. I was mortified and desperately trying to figure out what on earth had made her poo neon blue! Then I remembered: Richard had given her Fruit Loops for breakfast Sunday morning. L-O-V-E-L-Y. Don't you love when the Dr discovers those things? Fortunately, we have an amazing Doc and he just laughed and said, "Well that's nasty" and went on with the exam.
Raegan is tall and skinny for her age and that's just how she's going to be. Her cousins are built the same way (on Richard's side; they're short and skinny on mine) so we are not surprised. Her development is "perfect" he said and now she is ready to be a big sis. Hopefully.
Our ultrasound was moved to today. I am impatient and I wanted to see my doctor (I couldn't if we went on Friday) so we changed it. In about 3 hours I will be looking at that adorable face again. For the duration of the pregnancy, we are calling this baby Foshizzle. That's right. Foshizzle. Fo. Fo Riehl. It's just fun and keeps me from slipping (as I have done numerous times) with her real name. We think we landed on one that we really like. I need to see her face to decide. Maybe this ultrasound will solidify it in my mind? Hope so.
Well, I will update later today!

No comments: