Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Will You Remember?


My sweet, sweet girl. Will you remember these times? Will you remember the silly games we play or the songs we sing? Will you remember what cupboards you were allowed in and which ones were absolute "no no's"? Will you remember how I often smelled your hair and face, soaking in your sweet fragrance? Soaking in the mere presence of you while you're too young to reject my hugs? Will you remember me sneaking into your room each night just because I miss you and want to touch your face and feel your soft hair? Will you remember your love of sneaking my phone away? Will you always be so affectionate toward others? Especially defenseless babies that can't push you off or tell you no? Will you always feel like I'm out to ruin your day? Will you fondly remember baking cakes with mommy and licking the spoon? Will you remember that once upon a time you found me silly and funny? That you danced in delight when Daddy came home? Oh sweet baby. I hope I never forget these moments so that I can always remind you. I'm excited for each new phase with you and a bit sad to leave others behind. I love you, sweet girl and am so happy to be your Mommy.

4 comments:

Adrian said...

I love loving being a mommy with you! Awesome!
XOXO

Alaina said...

What a sweet post! And though she may not remember the specifics, she will definitely remember the love and security!

Barb said...

Memories grow. Love grows. Your writing and photos are a precious gift for Raegan someday! Before you know it, memories will be remembered. You will give a frustrated laugh on occasion when your memory and hers regarding the same situation, will be remembered differently! :) I'm sorry you've been in a funk. Actually, I'm in one myself and that is indeed rare! Need to ponder this! Pray your day is a beautiful one.

Lisa said...

Beautiful words and beautiful daughter! She (and the next one) is blessed to have a mommy who cares enough to treasure even little memories.