Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Must Address

I must address our couches. I am a blessed woman. I am fed. Everyday. I have a lovely home. I have a wonderful husband. A great family. I have furniture and luxuries most people in this world do not have. I am mostly a very grateful person and I am striving to be more aware of my privileges.
That being said...I must address our couches. When I was about 5 months pregnant with Raegan, Richard and I went perusing around a furniture store to find an entertainment center. It was August and browsing through stores was the most air-conditioned fun we could think to have at the time. We found this cozy little section of furniture and decided to test it out. Oh my. Entertainment center forgotten. These couches were heaven. We sunk right in and just relaxed. We wanted to nap right there. This was the first time we had both liked any piece of furniture. Have I mentioned at this point we didn't really have a couch in our tv room? We had been holding a friend of ours stuff for a while and that included her couch, but that was gone and I can't remember what we were sitting on. Not a major crisis. But I was in early nesting and was a wee panicked about not having a place to nurse the baby...sigh. How silly we can be! Of course I am the daughter of a woman that bought one of those sectional couches when she found out my sister was pregnant because the little corner would be the perfect prop for baby pictures. True story.
Anyway. My sweet husband surprised me, bought the couches later and we are comfortable most of the time. The problem: they are so cozy and squishy that you can't just sit on them. You have to relax back or it turns into a crazy topsy-turvey mess. Anyway. Just had to point all that out before I share pictures. Because of the structure of our lovely squishy beasts of furniture, it seems that pictures of people sitting on them are less than flattering. There. It's addressed. So here are some pictures just because I'm a little bored tonight ;)

TAAAA-DAAAAAA!!!!!!!! We were so busy today...as you can plainly see.

Isn't this the sweetest? Raegan just crawled up and cuddled with Daddy for a while today. Precious. I love my family.

I'm usually behind the camera and wanted to share the rare moment. I had just commented to Richard that I was very happy to be done nursing this girl as she was chewing the top right off that bottle (we usually don't give her bottles, but all her cups were dirty...this girl loves her liquids!!)

I breathe books. I love to read and Richard usually mocks me for how...shall we say, unaware I am of my surroundings when I am into a good story. And that was a good story but I was very aware of my sweet girl climbing up to read with me. I love that she loves books! Poor Daddy: we will have to get him to love books, too.

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Your smile looks exactly like my Moms smile.





Sincerely
Jacob McNamara