Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Who Cares?



I had started a post yesterday titled : "He cares". I blabbed on and on about things going on in my life that I was able to thank God for. I thought I was being deep and spiritual. I even chattered on about Job. About Who God is.
I didn't publish it because I talked a bit about an incident my husband had at work and I needed him to ok the contents before I let the World Wide Web in to see. We had company for a bit last night and this morning, so he couldn't approve it before work. I was going to wait until tonight to post my heart-warming, brilliant post.
But then I wrote out our budget for this month.
I got stressed.
I read other blogs to distract myself.
I whined to myself about our finances.
I stared out the window at the sad state of our yard (that my brother-in-law gave me lots of good advice about this morning).
I remembered that advice and was embarrassed that we needed it.
I read more blogs.
Did more number crunching.
Then I came across a few things that stopped me.
Angie's blog, to begin with (Bring the Rain).
She is in India on a Compassion trip and I am humbled beyond words.
She is posting pictures of children who live in poverty. Real Poverty.
Not: "Ah nuts, our grocery budget needs to be trimmed down this month. No Salt and Vinegar Chips."
Instead: "I wonder if I will eat this month. I might have to sell my body for some bread..."
Not: "Bummer, I can't buy plants to pretty up my house this month."
Instead: "Where will I sleep tonight?"
Not: "Oh God, You are so good. You've provided a house and food and clothes for us..."
Instead: "Oh God You are so good...all I have, even all I don't, is Yours. I praise You and give to You fully...without limitation, without prompting, because You are good."

I am humbled. I am so unaware of so many things. So much is going on in this world...and more importantly in the world we don't see. I think I have so many answers...but Who Cares?!?!
God cares. And I long to be humbled.

2 comments:

Katie Eagy said...

A prayer I offer up more often than I'd like to admit, also. Lord, humble me. Thanks for your honesty and humble spirit!

Becky Avella said...

This was a beautiful post today. Thank you for this reminder.