That's more like it! I got this room all cleared out today and not just by stuffing things in other places! I have a lot of work left to do with some things around the house (my closets are positively shameful!), but this room is ready for baby! And more urgently, ready for our surprise company tonight. I just had to share the picture! Thanks for all your support and thanks, Becky, for setting this up for us. This was so fun and came at just the right time!
Remember how empty I had that room the other day? Well how does this look?
Yeah. Lovely, right? This photo is actually a bit misleading. A few furniture pieces just need to be placed and a few boxes are ready to be piled neatly in the closet for future use. The problem lies with the two boxes overflowing with papers. As part of all my sorting and cleaning this week, I emptied out two desks and my goal has been to file those papers by tomorrow morning (not as part of W.O.W. but for our personal filing goals). The amazing thing about W.O.W this week is that this nursery is also our guest room. And last night we found out we are unexpectedly having guests this week and possibly again soon after. I'm so excited about our guests although the reasons for their visit are far from joyful and they are just passing through so we won't get to really visit. Can't say more than that. Just please pray for our family if you think of it. Anyway. I certainly have a few hours worth of work to do to wrap up my W.O.W. goals that have apparently come about at the perfect time. Isn't God's timing (subtle and simple at times, loud and complicated at others) so wonderful? I can't imagine what I would have done if my family tried to come last week when that room looked like this:
Seriously. I have no idea what I would have done! And I was super ambitious on Monday (yesterday not so much) and super cleaned my house, so I have very little to do as far as getting ready for company. I will update tonight with that finished room! Hope you all are doing great on your goals. A few of you are finished! Wow!!!
2 comments:
awesome job. I just want to come roll around on the clean carpet, it looks so inviting...lol. good luck with your company too, at least you have a clean house! Right on!
I'm with Mia, that floor looks like you need to do snow angels on it! : )
Great job! I hope it was fun for you and you didn't work too hard.
Now I have to try to reclaim the rest of my house. My baby's room looks great but the rest of the house looks like a tornado blew through! Ha Ha!
Thanks for playing along!
Post a Comment