Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Simple Excitements

I mentioned in December that I was able to write an article for a local magazine. They cover local stores, happenings and such and publish every two months. For January/February I was able to highlight some antique stores in town. For March/April I was given the choice to write another article about a cosmetic dentist that has been featured in national magazines, such as Shape, Oprah, Vogue and New Beauty. I was told that I would be paid for this one. A small amount, but still : a PAID, published writer?!?! Um, yes please. I wrote the article and have been waiting for it to come out. I've been checking the website and poked around a few places in town, but haven't seen it. I was stating to think they might have (like many places around the country) gone out of business. I got brave and wrote the editor and...it is out!!! I just haven't looked in the right places. Last time I wrote about so many stores that I was given a box to deliver the magazines to them. This time the dentist advertises with the magazine, so he automatically gets a stack for his office. Simple thing, but I am so excited! And, just so you know, the way I write on this blog is NOT how I write. Really. This thing is just mouth explosions :)
Another great excitement is that Liz's ear infections are gone after battling them for TWO MONTHS! She got croup this week (awful, awful!) and it was alarming enough of a case that her doctor had to give her a steroid shot. That cleared up her croup AND the ear infections! Hoorah!! Poor baby has been sleeping the last two days. I have only been able to get a few cheerios in her today, but she'll still drink juice and milk, so I'm not supposed to worry (yeah, right, Doc!). She just woke up from a nap and it's so gorgeous here today I was going to take her on a walk or drive (maybe to pick up some magazines....?) but after battling with her to eat (and losing) I set her on the couch, checked my email and turned around to this:

Yeah...I don't think she's up for much of anything, do you? What are some simple pleasures y'all are enjoying this week?

No comments: