We took Liz for a consultation at the Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. today and after holding her down while she was screaming bloody murder so the Dr. could check her ears, we met my mom, sister and niece for lunch at a lovely tea cottage in town. Have you ever been to one? I used to work at this particular establishment and it was fun to be a customer. A couple years ago I took my mom there for a full blown ladies tea. We wore tea hats and nibbled on our dainty sandwiches. You would think one couldn't be full after such a meal but you leave stuffed! Today we just enjoyed the delicious lunch menu. I had a Monte Cristo which is a ham, turkey and swiss sandwich that is dipped in batter, deep fried and dusted with powdered sugar. Really only acceptable to eat every few years. It is delicious!!! I've been told this place makes them at good as this place:

Sitting there, I really began to miss working. I feel that way every time I duck into coffee shop as well. Although I was a bank teller for 5+ years, I really bloomed in service jobs, such as a restaurant hostess and barista. The simplicity of making people feel comfortable and being quick and accurate at something thrills me. I miss that sometimes, but am happy to be home with my girl.
It is beautiful out today, a nice welcome to the spring season. My family is napping and I am antsy. I tried to watch the movie, "Australia" as I have heard rave reviews, but I am too anxious for my own adventure. Watching others is not satisfying my antsy spirit today. I have a couple story ideas that I need to get on paper, but I just keep looking outside trying to think of things to do out in the sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment