Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Photos and Thoughts

I have so many things to post lately, and I might be too impatient to give each picture an appropriate blog, so I'm just going to scramble them all together today.
I went to a very small private high school. Because of its size, I was able to participate in many more activities than would have been possible at a public school. All four years of attendance I was a member of choir, a volleyball player (even made varsity starter my senior year) and for one embarrassing, but fun year, I was a cheerleader. That year impacted my niece quite a bit. I remember standing in formation and hearing her yell from the sidelines. We would do mock stunts with her during breaks and we would teach her little cheers to do. From that point on she has not stopped cheering, stomping, twirling and shaking it everywhere she goes. I went to have lunch with her once when she was in 6th grade, and our entire break was spent making up cheers. She is a cheering machine! Now in 8th grade, she is on the squad at her school and last week I remembered to take my camera to one of her games. Unfortunately, I couldn't get many good pictures, but here are some. And, of course, a few of Liz watching the game.


Liz was getting sick and a little overwhelmed at the game; she really loves her Emily!

A random thought: If I could live my dream, I would live on the Oregon coast...or any other coast. It doesn't really matter. And I would write my brains out. And, of course, since this is my dream, I would make a bit of money at it. Mornings like today, I wake up and feel that if I stand at my back door long enough, I can imagine away and I am living my dream. We have a huge field behind our fence and our house is up a bit higher, so I can look down on it. It's no ocean, but this beautiful mist helps me make believe.

A final random post: We left our wedding almost three years ago through a tunnel of sparklers. Somehow, in the mad dash, no one captured a picture and I've always been bummed about that. Deech's brother, J, sent us some pictures yesterday that his FIL took at our wedding. I almost started crying because HE had captured that special moment and a few others I've never seen. So I have to share!

We drove away blasting Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On". I was so embarrassed that everyone knew what the newlyweds were off to...um, do. So Deech thought we should have some fun with that.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

too fun, girl! ( i don't know what it is with this 'girl' thing lately, but i am always typing, 'GIRL!' :)
anyway, love the misc post and I WANT TO LIVE ON THE COAST TOO!!! I WANT TO RUN A BED AND BREAKFAST THERE!!
So, lets live there together someday or at least be neighbors! XO pardon any typing mistakes, i am typing blindly b/c my comment pages a dysfuntioning...
LOVE YOU!! <3

Lisa said...

Sparklers! What a great idea! See, I always wish I could do our wedding over again and use all the great ideas I've heard over the years. Can I come visit you when you live on the coast?