As I've been cleaning, Liz has been fascinated. She has always loved the vacuum and now she crouches in the path of the vacuum and squeals with delight at it comes to get her. She also loves my broom and whenever I am mopping, she is sneaking the broom off to do Lord knows what. Whenever I am dusting, I hand Liz a clean rag to help and she is usually found cleaning the vacuum or broom. When I do laundry I usually have more clothes than I intended joining the basket and Liz will find old dryer sheets in the trash and add them to the dryer for me. Needless to say, she is Deech was working overtime on the weekend and I was having a pretty bad day for a lot of reasons. I haven't wanted to take Liz out by myself in public because her ears and teeth are bothering her so bad that she is quite the terror sometimes. If I am with my family or Deech, they can help distract and help me not feel like a heel in front of all the gaping strangers. We have a lot going on with us right now and my pregnant emotions can only handle so much. I'm really not normally this much of a wuss! Anyway, my mom took pity on me and took Liz and I out to lunch and agreed to go to a bookstore with me to order a book I've really been wanting. And, Grandma that she is, she decided to sneak in a trip to the toy store as well.
After a most delicious lunch, I plucked Liz from the highchair and immediately was reminded that I forgot to change her diaper before we left and also realized that I had given her A LOT of juice. Huge, warm wet spot on this poor girl. So the toy store trip included a new outfit from Grandma!
So a new diaper and outfit later, my mom lead us to the vacuum she found for Liz. Now, since the vacuum conversation came up, I was picturing one of those little popper things.

My mom, however, was picturing something quite different.

This thing requires batteries and the attachments actually suck!! After looking at the price, I talked my mom into the popper. She also grabbed a broom. Liz has been having a wonderful time, but she hasn't totally figured them out yet. She favors the broom but usually totes them around together.
Not much of a post, but we haven't had much excitement around here! Too rainy and cold and Liz's ears are too infected to have much fun. We take her to an ENT specialist on the 20th to figure out tubes. Poor girl has had a double ear infection for 8 weeks now! Ugh. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
Had to share, while I was posting and TOTALLY paying attention to my daughter, I heard a lot of grunting. I just thought she was gearing up to give me a not-so-sweet surprise and didn't really want to discover it yet. I turned to check on her and found her this way:
Not sure how she did that. She is just an evil genius I guess! She just walked by and the swish of air I got confirmed my earlier suspicions! Yay!! Off to be a mom!!
1 comment:
Paige still runs around with her popper. She drags it out every time I start to clean the house. My dad taught her how to use the broom. When we were living in Washington every weekend she would help papa sweep the garage.
Post a Comment