I'm not super feminine. Not that I don't try. I just have no clue about clothes, hair and such. I have started making more of an effort for Liz's sake. I don't want her to grow up with a plain Jane mom. I will teach her that "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised" (Proverbs 31:30) but I also believe we are women for a reason and I want her to learn all aspects as well. So I've started wearing a smidgen of make-up, earrings now and then and bracelets, I traded my bulky diaper bag in for a more stylish purse, and I'm making more effort than a ponytail most days. She found a tiny purse of mine and I've been letting her play with that. It's so fun watching her strut around with her purse. Same as with her sinful nature, I didn't teach her that she's a girl. She just figured it out and imitates me more than Deech. Everything is a bracelet, a purse is always necessary, and most objects are hair brushes. Yesterday I gave her the option of taking her purse or cat to Grandma and Grandpa's. She thought for a moment and headed for the purse. What are essential items for a lady headed for an afternoon with the Grands? A plastic peach slice, her hairbrush, a cluster of plastic grapes and a verse written on an envelope that she stole from mom. Oh she's so precious I just want to squeeze and squeeze!
What are absolute essentials in your purses? Mine would be chapstick, diapers and wipes, a bag of cheerios and my phone.
3 comments:
Goodo Morning Bethany! You've been having quite a "whirlwind" life! It will amaze you how ALL of your incidents will be wonderful conversation years from now when Raegan's an adult! As for "girling" yourself up, you go! I love your priorities and fully agree, but appreciate that you also know how and want to be faminine! Stay-at-home mommies sometimes fall down on that job! In my purse, I always remember to have my purse calendar, cell phone and wallet and usually a pen and little notebook for jotting down stuff as it flies in! Also hand lotion. Hoope your day is fully lived to the hilt!
Did I learn, while in school, to ALWAYS proof-read what I have written? Yes, I learned that, but apparently not too well! Oh my goodness! Let's try...Good Morning, and ...to be feminine! Last but not least...Hope! Have a good one...hopefully mine will improve!
I am so glad that you are embracing Raegan's femininity and are teaching her to do the same. Someone I know just found out that there second baby is going to be a girl, and she was BUMMED OUT! Can you believe that?!? I love my little boy so much, but having a girl is a wonderful and unique experience, too. And I haven't graduated beyond the one huge diaper bag yet, though I have been looking wistfully at the purses in the department stores. Someday...
Post a Comment