My husband reminded me that I need to update and change the picture of Liz to a happier one!
Thanks for your advice and prayers. I got lots of advice and emails. Liz cleared up pretty quickly. I ended up just sticking with what the doctor had told us to do; I more or less was hoping for a way to sooth her through the process. A friend gave me a link for an oatmeal bath recipe and when I did find time to give her that wonderful, soothing bath, she was mostly cleared up and not the slightest bit fussy. She is now almost completely healed and is almost off of her antibiotics. Yay!
We also had a check up for baby #2 yesterday. We are 11 weeks now and our doctor wasn't expecting to get a heartbeat so early. She actually was going to have us come back later so she could do an ultrasound. She decided to try it, warning me that we would NOT be hearing a heartbeat. As she's saying this, a little, very strong, heartbeat popped up and we all just listened, amazed. Poor Liz has no clue what's going on, but we like to include her in the excitement anyway.
I love this stage of pregnancy because as scary as it is, it's amazing to know what God is doing in there. According to Psalm 139, God is very involved in this process. He IS the process. I love to imagine what it looks like: Him, uniquely, intricately, lovingly shaping and forming this little life. Not only his/her body, but her spirit as well. Does He tickle this little one's chin? Does He kiss those cheeks and whisper to him/her all the amazing things He has done for them? For us? Does He let this little one know that if he/she had been the only one that needed His sacrifice and grace that it would have been given just as freely and in the same way? I think of these moments that I know this baby and so many others (including us) share with our Creator and I am in awe. I don't know God's thoughts. His are not mine. But I wonder, how else does He write His law on our hearts?(Romans 2) I believe He gets down in the dust of our new flesh, just as He did with Adam (Genesis 1:7) and forms us. In that process He tells us of Him and all He has done. That is why our hearts long for Him every day of our lives until we meet with Him again: in spirit here, in the flesh soon.
My how I can ramble. I am amazed at the mysteries of God. I believe those who have answered His call will spend all eternity learning and discovering. He is that big; it will take an eternity to discover all of His wonders.
1 comment:
Ooooh, tears in my eyes. Sweet B, how fun to read what your heart ponders. Love you!
And KUDOS to Rockin Sir Richard for being so awesome.
(...shhhh, can you keep a secret and not get tooooo excited?? we MIGHT be home for a visit this summer!!! AAAH!!...shhhh, its not for sure yet)
XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment