Let me begin with: please ignore Liz's do. She had piggies in her hair the day before and we were having a lazy day. In fact, the only reason she's dressed for this picture is because she leaked a bit on her pjs in the night.
Liz is just cracking me up lately. She and I will just sit and laugh with each other during the day, making the other laugh harder and harder. Deech brought a really old banana chair of mine downstairs and she just loves sitting in it! She will crawl up in this chair and rock and sit and go get toys and put them with her in the chair. Who would have thought this simple piece of furniture that I have had since elementary school would bring her such delight? And I was so disappointed that we couldn't find her own little chair for Christmas!
In all my years of daydreaming about having a family and being a mom, I always pictured my kids in the kitchen banging on pots and pans. I don't know why, but this is what I've been waiting for. The other morning, my dream came true.Liz was pulling out my pots while I was cleaning so I handed her a wooden spoon and the symphony born years ago in my imagination was played out in reality. Oh how sweet that sound was!!
Hope you all are having a great start to 2009. I don't know how to do the linky thing, but I would encourage all to head over to Beth Moore's blog - LPM Blog (under my list of blogs) and do the memorize two scriptures a month thing. It should be wonderful to saturate ourselves with God's word this year. My memory verse already changed today. I had picked out one in Deuteronomy, but as I was reading and doing a Bible Study this morning, Jeremiah 33:3 really struck me...I don't have a Bible up here, so this is loosely quoted: "Call to Me and I will hear you and tell you great and mighty things which you do not know." I realized this morning that I don't pray specifically enough. It's like I'm afraid to make a liar out of God, so I don't give Him anything too specific or complicated to work with. But God has promised many things. He hears. He answers. He goes above and beyond all we ask or imagine. So I am trying to retrain myself. God is not a liar. He is Truth itself. I can trust Him with specifics. I can trust Him in everything. I feel a lot more peace headed into a new pregnancy and a rocky economic year knowing that He alone is responsible to keep His promises: all I have to worry about is resting in them. Happy New Year, friends!
1 comment:
You know, that is so true about praying specifically. I wonder how much God wants to do for us that we just don't bother to ask Him for because we are afraid He won't be able to handle it? And those picture of Raegan are so cute! I love the overalls!
Post a Comment