We have begun an annual occasion of pumpkin carving at our house. This year was our second time hosting (although we've met in years past as well) and we had so much fun! It is usually the same group of people and we always have a lot of laughs and great, artistic pumpkins at the end of the night. My friend, Jeni, told me a really neat analogy about carving pumpkins today. She said that this festive activity is similar to what Jesus does for us. He looks deep within and scrapes out all the muck in our hearts. He makes us into a new creation (the new face in the pumpkin) and then illuminates us from within with His light. All we have to do to accept this amazing transformation is say, "Yes, Lord. I believe in You and Your promises. I am filled with muck and nasty sin. No one on this earth is clean and whole without You. I believe that You and You alone can forgive my sins and invite me into Your Kingdom. I give my life over to you to do what You will. I am Yours." Isn't He amazing? Hope you enjoy the pictures and the Harvest Time.
Bethany Riehl writes fiction with the sole intent of pointing others to Christ and His glorious love.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Pumpkin Carving
We have begun an annual occasion of pumpkin carving at our house. This year was our second time hosting (although we've met in years past as well) and we had so much fun! It is usually the same group of people and we always have a lot of laughs and great, artistic pumpkins at the end of the night. My friend, Jeni, told me a really neat analogy about carving pumpkins today. She said that this festive activity is similar to what Jesus does for us. He looks deep within and scrapes out all the muck in our hearts. He makes us into a new creation (the new face in the pumpkin) and then illuminates us from within with His light. All we have to do to accept this amazing transformation is say, "Yes, Lord. I believe in You and Your promises. I am filled with muck and nasty sin. No one on this earth is clean and whole without You. I believe that You and You alone can forgive my sins and invite me into Your Kingdom. I give my life over to you to do what You will. I am Yours." Isn't He amazing? Hope you enjoy the pictures and the Harvest Time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
http://www.amazon.com/Parable-Pumpkin-Patch/dp/0785277226
B-Girl! THank you for the comment! :) And it looks like you had a pumpkin carving extravaganza! Fun! above is the link to the CUTE book that you could read to Rae about the pumpkins that your friend told you about.
i am aching to be home for good also, but God's timing, not mine! Cannot wait to see you again and hug on you and your sweet fam!
love, love, love ~xo
That looks like so much fun! I loved the analogy of God cleaning us out like a pumpkin. Very true. Great pictures!
We had a great time at the pumpkin party, but our carvings only lasted a few days, sadly. Trick-or-treaters weren't able to witness the majesty of Trogdor!
Post a Comment