Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Patch



CORRECTION: After reading my last post, Deech informed me that he IS a fan of Halloween. His family used to go to the festival at church and he loved it. The only year he didn't was when his mom dressed him and his brother up as clowns...he is the grumpy one on the right. And after remembering all the fun stuff we did as kids and are trying to do with Liz around October 31st, I really have to admit that I find Halloween fun as well! For me it's just the opening of the fun Holiday season and I am a Thanksgiving and Christmas nut!!
My family wasn't really into Halloween so growing up we didn't do a lot of the fall stuff that most families do. Deech and I aren't really fans of Halloween, but love fall activities. Today we went for our first family outing to a pumpkin patch. Since I've had nothing but wordy, sentimental posts lately, I though I would spare everyone and just show the pictures. Enjoy!! And Happy Fall!!

So excited for family fun at the pumpkin patch!!

Apparantly it's a bad idea to wait until the last possible weekend to pick pumpkins

Found one!

Liz's favorite part of the day was when we placed her in front of this haybale and let her pound on these pumpkins

We discovered that sheep cause Liz to freak out just a bit...

Baby camel at the petting zoo...Liz wasn't as impressed as we were...ok neither was Deech

Waiting in line for yummy doughnuts, I couldn't resist this photo opportunity

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How funny! We were there today, too! (I'll be posting our pictures of the day tomorrow.) Looks like you had fun!

jmrcrusader said...

Funny...I don't ever remember Richard excited to go to the "fall festivals" that our church held.

Adrian said...

sweet B! oh how i miss the pumpkin patch! i bet the Lord has a beautiful one and I can't wait to see it! (none of those mushy ones at the last min!)
thanks for the comment, I love you too, Beloved! xoxo