Thursday, October 23, 2008

Let me linger here...







When you were born, I missed my "belly baby". I missed that I would move or talk and you would move in response. I missed feeling your hiccups. I missed knowing where you were all the time. I missed it being you and me, everywhere together. I missed my heart beating for both of us.
Now I miss my newborn. How soft and warm you were. How perfectly you fit in my arms right away. You would nuzzle up under my chin and my heart would still beat for both of us and lull you to sleep...
Oh my sweet baby. I will miss this moment. You are growing up so fast and becoming your own little person. For now, you are my precious baby. I know you will become a girl, then a lady, then a woman. I will miss my baby soon, then my girl, then my lady. Then you will be my young woman. So let me linger here in this moment. Giggle with me. Laugh at Mommy's silly songs. Point out interesting things to me in your books. Cuddle with me. Let us gaze at one another as I rock you to sleep. Clap with me. Celebrate with me when Daddy comes into the room. Bounce and wiggle for us when music comes on. Kiss me with those open-mouth, slobbery kisses. Those sweet precious kisses. Let me hold your hands as you practice your unique walk. Listen to the amazing stories I tell you about our wonderful God. Let me love you. Let me burst with pride when you learn new things. Let's share a banana. Let me comfort you when you are hurt. Let me teach you. Know that I say "no!" over and over because I love you. Show me those teeth of yours. Yes, you can feel Mommy's teeth, too. Let's wake Daddy up together. Let's laugh and laugh together over nothing at all. Let me store these treasures in my heart. Let me remember each special moment we share together. Let me remember for both of us. Oh my baby. I will miss you. Still, I am excited to meet my girl. Then my lady. Then that wonderful woman that God is already molding you to be. And even then, my heart will beat for both of us, for you will always be my precious gift.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Such sweet pictures. Makes me miss days gone by with my two. She's lucky to have a mom that doesn't take any time with her for granted!

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

Okay first of all thanks for visiting me, I love getting new visitors. Second, what a beautiful post! I think that pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about all three of my kids, but especially my girls. Third, I do believe you were right when you said we were meant to be friends and if I wasn't sure before I definitely am now. I gasped when I read the end of your post because my Reagan, is Reagan Victoria too.

Adrian said...

ooooo, i cannot type through the tears in my eyes. sweetness....
cherish each moment, yes, they do fly.
love you!
precious post<3