Monday, October 6, 2008

Let Sleeping Babies Lie


We have started the oh-so-fun task of letting Liz cry herself to sleep: now matter how long it takes. It's actually going well. Naptime is the hardest. A fun bonus to this new adventure is all of the sleeping positions I find Liz in. I've only been able to capture this one on film. The other night, I so badly wanted to pull out my camera, but knew I would awaken "the beast" if the flash went off so I'll just have to describe it to you: Liz had backed up against her crib and just slumped to the left. So she was half sitting, half lying down and as badly as I wanted to save her little back, I had to just let her stay that way and trust that she would re-adjust herself at some point in the night. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I remember doing that with Aiden. What fun. (No, not really.) We have yet to start with Kenna. You will be glad you did it when you get through it. Hang in there!

Adrian said...

In the same stage with the little one I take care of.... rough, but worth it later.
I saw you read Bring the Rain blog also. How did you find it? She makes me cry almost every time.
Love you!
xxoxo

Barbie said...

Boy, do I ever respect you!! I never was able to let the kids cry it out. I am a wimp. Or a pushover, whatever. :-)