We are not an exciting bunch. So please do not expect any of the following to be an interesting read. There. You have been warned.
I think I've already mentioned this week that I'm sick. Miserable sick. Today I woke up to the sound of Liz crying in her crib and Deech snoozing next to me (he works the swing shift). Then I realized that despite my pounding headache, sore throat, stuffy nose and upset tummy, it's my job to get up and feed and entertain her. The one nice thing about our morning was it started later than usual and I had not been up with her once through the night. Starting last night I let her cry herself to sleep each time she woke up without going in her room. It was awful, but heavenly as well. The only way that I could do this without going crazy is that it was recommended by her doctor and he promised she wouldn't get sick from crying or go through any long term emotional distress as a result. And Deech promised that she would not be kidnapped if I turned off her monitor. Anyway, that's not really the important part. This morning I stumbled through the kitchen and made us breakfast. I've been trying to drink tea through this week, but I'm not really a fan of tea so I gave in this morning to a yummy cup of coffee. Which is really not helping my tummy situation. Wow. This is a lot of babble that's leading nowhere. I warned you.
Since I've been sick, Raegan has had a really mundane week and today, despite my ickines, I decided to try to break up the boredom for her. For breakfast we had apple pancakes. Then I pulled out her bike/push toy and have been pushing her around the house in it. Unfortunately it has a steering wheel that allows her to control where we go. This wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't so weak from being sick. Suddenly 16 pounds is a lot to try to push around a corner. Fortunately, (insert sarcastic tone here) this toy also has a control panel that provides sound effects. Liz's favorite feature is the lever that makes "vrooom, vroooom, screeeeech" noises over and over. Ah, well. She's happy. And her happiness makes for a fun blog. So after snapping a few shots, I was sorting through them on my camera when I noticed the bike tipping (with Liz in it) out of the corner of my eye. So much for a happy baby! No worries, she only cried for a bit. (I took the picture of the tipped bike with her cuddling in my lap)
Every day this week I have wished that I could transport myself back to my parents' home and be a kid again so that they can take care of me and I don't have to worry about anything but who Zack Morris is dating (oh yes, I was a "Saved by the Bell fanatic!). But today, through the stuffiness and miserable feelings of ickiness, I am grateful for my job and place in life. I'm grateful for a baby that's easy to please and a few moments of making fun memories with her. Even if she is screeching and pulling on the cat's tail as I write...
2 comments:
Fun to read about your day!
Cute pics...:)
xoxoAdrian
That's a great bunch of pictures, Bethany! Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment