We were so excited to set up this "cage" for Liz. I didn't feel bad putting her in there at first because she enjoyed it. Once she figured out that it's not really fun to be cut off from the rest of the world (i.e. her parents and animals), she got a little pathetic and would hover close to us, clinging to the sides and staring out at us. So we figured out a way to give her a lot more freedom while still keeping her from escaping down the hall every 2 minutes. Although if I really let myself think about it I could use the exercise...nope. Not going to think about it.
My parents sent Liz some cute jammies and I'm jealous because I want a pair! Don't you miss wearing these footsie jammies?! I wouldn't actually be caught dead in them now even if I could. No way am I going to let my bum be distorted by those any more than it already has been by pregnancy!
Quick poll: am I a terrible mom for confining her to the living room? I spend most of my day between the living room, kitchen and laundry room, which are all right there. What did you all do when you only had one little one? We play a lot of games and read, but I run out of ideas for entertaining her quick. I would love advice and ideas!!
1 comment:
Time for her to learn to entertain herself is perfectly healthy and good for her! You do not want her to learn she must be constantly entertained. I have heard it helps to rotate the toys, never really got around to it myself. You already said you are nearby and spending time interacting with her. I know you are doing a great job! Enjoy! Love you like crazy!
p.s. I would take some footie jams too! :)
Post a Comment