Wow, this actually works. I'm sure no one is actually waiting to see if I accomplished my goal, but posting this online really made me stick to my plan. It didn't take very long, and it feels wonderful to see a clean desk as I walk by. I decided for this to be my "Bible study/prayer journal" corner. I get so distracted when I sit in a nice cozy chair. Instead of feeling refreshed and enlightened, I feel frustrated and irritated from trying to balance my coffee, Bible and notebook all together in an orderly way. If I sit at my kitchen table, my dirty dishes mock me or my sparkling clean kitchen dazzles me and I am no longer studying the Word, I'm studying the cobwebs in the corner, ya know? So this Bible study spot looks very inviting. Now I'll just have to "tackle" not freaking out at Deech when he innocently places the mail or his pocket contents (or his cough drop wrappers...) on my nice clean desk!
Bethany Riehl writes fiction with the sole intent of pointing others to Christ and His glorious love.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Tackled!
Wow, this actually works. I'm sure no one is actually waiting to see if I accomplished my goal, but posting this online really made me stick to my plan. It didn't take very long, and it feels wonderful to see a clean desk as I walk by. I decided for this to be my "Bible study/prayer journal" corner. I get so distracted when I sit in a nice cozy chair. Instead of feeling refreshed and enlightened, I feel frustrated and irritated from trying to balance my coffee, Bible and notebook all together in an orderly way. If I sit at my kitchen table, my dirty dishes mock me or my sparkling clean kitchen dazzles me and I am no longer studying the Word, I'm studying the cobwebs in the corner, ya know? So this Bible study spot looks very inviting. Now I'll just have to "tackle" not freaking out at Deech when he innocently places the mail or his pocket contents (or his cough drop wrappers...) on my nice clean desk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I purposefully went back on your blog tonight to see how clean you got that desk. I am impressed. What a great productive day and what a great use of the space. I love that!
Angie
Post a Comment