Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pancakes




We had a monumental event in our home today. It's only 8:30am, but yes, we have accomplished something major: Little Miss has enjoyed her first Sunday pancake breakfast. Yes, yes, I hear you all cheering and whooping. I know it seems so minimal, and it really is just a pancake. But think about how many pancakes a person has in her life. I'm not even that huge of a pancake fan, but I have definitely had some memorable moments at the IHOP. My Dad and I have a love of breakfast in common and whenever we get to see each other, we usually fit in a visit to a breakfast place. The morning of my wedding, he and my Grandpa took me to the IHOP and boasted like the proud papas they were that I was getting married. Christmas Eve, my Dad took me, a wobbling preggo woman about to pop, to Denny's (we don't recommend this) to enjoy one last breakfast before I became a mom. Mr. and I have shared many lovely breakfasts with friends. The first time I met my in-laws we went to breakfast...I think you all see the point I'm trying to make about pancakes. They play a key role on all breakfast menus, and can be instrumental in a person's life. And Little Miss was lucky enough to have this first moment caught on camera. And you all are blessed enough to witness it. Or maybe just kind enough to tolerate me. And don't worry moms who are thinking I'm terrible for putting such junk in her pure little system; I gave her plenty of fruit in advance and I make my pancakes with mostly whole wheat flour. Mostly. We just won't discuss what else I add to make them oh-so-scrumptious.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those are great pictures, Bethany! What a sweet little face. And I would never think anyone was a horrible mother for giving their baby pancakes. Do you know how many waffles my kids have had?!?