"All flesh is like grass, and all it's glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls off, but the word of the LORD endures forever." 1 Peter 1:24,25
A friend of mine from school died early this morning. He and his lovely bride were wed in a hospital chapel last month getting married and this morning he is home with his Savior. He is face to face with his Redeemer, his God! I have been crying all day for his family, his wife and the gaping hole he left here. I haven't asked why. Who am I to question especially in light of the amazing things Mitch is able to experience now? He was ushered into heaven today. The race is won! Cancer can't follow where he has gone. Tears are no longer going to wet his cheeks. Sorrow will no longer fill his heart. Pain doesn't exist for him any loner. He is dancing on the streets that are golden, the glorious bride with the Great Son of Man! He is rejoicing! The loss is entirely ours and heaven became that much sweeter today.
I miss you, Mitchell Alan Thomas, and can't wait to laugh and rejoice with you.
1 comment:
Very beautifully said, Bethany.
Post a Comment