Friday, September 19, 2008

Dumpster Diving...sort of



So I took Liz and our dog, Roxie, on a walk right around sunset last night. Friday is trash day, so a lot of our neighbors had their bins out. As I walked down the street, I noticed that a really cool toy had been placed out for the garbage man. I quickly decided he didn't need it and Liz probably did. So I went and knocked on the door to, quite sheepishly, ask if I could have their garbage for my baby to play with. No one answered the door, so I made a quick decision and brought the toy into our family. Lucky for me, right when I picked up this awkward thing a huge family (I'm talking dogs, kids, parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.) came walking up behind me and walked in the same direction as my house. I tried to hobble along casually, balancing the stroller, Roxie (who was now going nuts over the herd following us) and my new prize. I held my head high, thanked the Lord for such a great, FREE find and continued home as quickly as I could. I got home and cleaned off our find and it has been a hit! I feel like a vagabond, but the look on Liz's face when she started discovering all the cool features to this thing made that little walk of shame worth it.

3 comments:

Adrian said...

Nice work, Mamasita!
I just got back from a Beth Moore conference. It was soooo awesome.
I haven't had a refreshing mountain top experience like that since my last women's retreat at TVBC.
Well, I am so excited about your new blog! Woo-hoo.
p.s. welcome to the one man's trash is another man's treasure club!!! XOXO

Inspired Creations by Karen said...

Hey Bethany, I'm going to call you "D.D." from now on!! (Just kidding?)I love the story though!:)
Love you, Karen

Barbie said...

This just cracked me up! I can just picture it now. :-)

So happy to see you have a blog too!! I found you on my sitemeter.