It can be overwhelming and daunting to keep up with my own demands on myself.
Good things happened this week where the book is concerned: I got to see the cover. My oh my. I am blown away by how appropriately the cover captures the feel and theme of the book. It's beautiful. I have been opening that email over and over to just stare at the picture.
My mom pointed out something incredible about the cover when she first saw it.
First, a little backstory:
As a teen, I became slightly obsessed with sunsets. Almost wrecked my car in teenage immaturity if I happened to be out and about when a beautiful one painted the sky.
If I was home I would scurry to the top of the roof of our two-story house to watch the sunset and just worship the Lord. I would sing my heart out in love and adoration for Him. At Bible College on the Oregon Coast, I would just stand on the beach, watching in quiet admiration how the sunset glistened on the waves.
Some of my most cherished memories with the Lord are watching His amazing work of "putting the sun to bed".
To this day, my dad will call me if there is a beautiful sunset happening in our corner of the world. It seems my head is always down these days, with the book, trying to be available to my little ones and Mr. I've often felt a clench in my heart when I'm driving somewhere, or passing the kitchen on my way to accomplish a task, and I see a beautiful orange horizon out of the corner of my eye.
"I miss You, Lord, and our early days together before I got so busy," I'll whisper in my heart, the place where He dwells.
When I showed my mom the cover, I gasped a little when she said, "Oh, isn't it wonderful that your very first book has a sunset on the cover?"
I looked again and tears sprang to my eyes. The Maker of all the earth, My Savior, My Lord, the Lover of my soul knows me. He has shown me over and over in ways I could never explain that this book came from Him and He blesses it.

Would you like to be a pre-reader of "The Earth is Full"? The first 50 applicants will receive a free ebook copy of the book in exchange for an honest review on Amazon when the book is released. I'm also hosting a teensy giveaway on my Facebook page: one of the first 50 readers will win a coffee gift card from yours truly to their favorite coffee shop. Find me on Facebook, like the page, and keep your eyes peeled for the sign-up!
1 comment:
I am so excited for this book! The cover is astounding, and the way the Lord wove a little history of your life with the cover's design is one more way of Him saying, "I'm with you in this!" Oh, I'm so so so excited for what He's going to do with your book, and I simply can't wait to read it!
Post a Comment