Friday, July 5, 2013

Mortification Nation Fo Style


Yesterday I took the girls to a BBQ solo, as Mr. had to work. The Fourth is a hoppin' day for the police department, so this is a pretty common thing. Usually I hide at home, buy some fireworks and invite my parents over or I hide out at my sister's house. This year, when invited to a BBQ, I decided to be brave and take the girls.
I'm so glad I did. I met new friends and found deep-felt appreciation for my old ones. Those ladies had my back last night, and made the night so much fun.
In the beginning, Boo was screaming like mad if anyone looked at her and clinging to me like a monkey. Little Miss was so excited she could hardly see straight, and Fo stood quietly nearby, taking it all in.
I sent the girls to stand in line for food, while I sheepishly tried to calm Boo down. At one point, I glanced over to check on the girls and, mid-conversation with someone, called out, "Hey, Fo? Don't touch anyone, OK?".
I got some weird looks, but trust me, it needs to be said. Why? Oh, I'll tell you why.
Fo has a touching problem. She loves to touch things; everything actually. She's constantly rubbing my arms, pinching my neck, squeezing her sisters, etc. And she's a pattern girl. Very precise and deliberate. I love watching her build blocks or play with pattern shapes.
One day at the grocery store, Fo was in a real touchy mood, and kept tapping the packages along the aisles.
I told her to stop, and continued shopping. We were headed somewhere and, as usual, we were late.
In the chip aisle, we were walking along, Fo lightly tapping chip bags.
Until she came to a section that was blocked off.
By a man.
She hesitated, looked him over, and before I knew it continued her tapping pattern right on his pants. And not in a place that was comfortable for him, I'm sure.
Fo tapped him three times and continued down the aisle, tapping the bags. Tap, tap, tap.
Mortification Nation!!!
Especially because I was laughing so hard from shock and embarrassment that I was crying. I'm sure he felt that my apology was of the utmost sincerity.
So, yes, at BBQ's, stores, church, etc, I have to remind Fo to keep her hands to herself. We don't want to get too friendly, my dear.
Did I mention she's also a kisser? I think she gave me a hickey last night from kissing me over and over while watching fireworks. That'll be fun to explain to the Mr.
If you take delight in my pain, here are past Mortification Nation Posts:
Number One
Number Two
With Grace Upon Grace

No comments: