First: I'm a big liar and promise breaker. I promised fun pictures from our anniversary day and...didn't take any good ones. We upgraded our phones and I didn't think about taking a regular camera with us, so I am sorry to say I can't deliver on that promise. I will say, it was a lovely day and I am so happy we spent it with the little family we've been blessed to parent. And I'm kind of glad I wasn't snapping pictures all day.
Phew. Glad I got that out of the way.
Yesterday in church was one of those really special days. During worship, I was just in awe of our God, so grateful to be worshipping Him, loving the feel of Little Miss' hand in mine and periodically holding Fo close.
I looked over toward the center of the congregation at one point and right down in front of everyone was a little girl and her grandma.
A little girl with long blond hair and fancy sparkle shoes and a flowing dress.
And she was dancing with her grandma. Not shaking her bum like some kids do, not just tapping her foot. Not swaying back and forth like I find myself doing. (Cuz I'm always rocking that invisible baby -- any moms relate?!)
She was twirling and side-stepping and Cinderella dancing.
With her grandma.
For her King.
It was breathtaking.
Minutes after the service, our Pastor, feeling great conviction and heaviness over the state of our country, asked us to join him on our knees before the Lord.
In humility. In reverence.
He was sure to add that if you physically weren't able or at all uncomfortable to not feel pressured to join in the kneeling.
I smiled tenderly at the couple that we sit behind most Sundays. They are adorable. And very feeble.
I thought, "Oh, good. I'm glad they won't feel strange for not kneeling."
During what was a very humble, heartfelt, loving prayer that had me in tears, I snuck a peak. I just wanted to know.
And under the pew I was kneeling next to I saw two pairs of shoes that belonged to two feeble looking people who are much stronger than I.
Nothing, I believe, would have stopped them from bowing before their Lord and Savior when given the invitation.
My heart has been immersed in quiet reflection since then.
The girl dancing for her King.
The time tested elders bowing before their Lord.
Heaven, it seems, touches down every so often, does it not?
3 comments:
Very inspirational. Such a blessing to see God at work
So neat! Happy Belated Anniversary! So neat you enjoyed it cheerfully with your blessings. :)
So blessed by this blog. I'm going to pass it along to Greg, and it will make his day. I noticed the same thing (in fact, entered into my thankful journal that Sunday--both the dancing and the prayer). Thanks for this beautiful entry, Bethany.
Post a Comment