It's been a while. But it hasn't been me. I did not ignore this blog and many others for over a month.
We did not start speech therapy for Fo around Christmas. She has not done so well so quickly that my ears are ringing from her constant chatter!
I am not overwhelmed by the two little girls in the house that take after their mother in the yackity yack department. Oofta. There is not a lot of jibber jabber going on in this house.
When Mr. started eating well and exercising, I did not assume he thinks I'm a flabby mess. I did not then proceed to buy ridiulous amounts of junk food. I did not also eat said junk food in rebellious fashion. Not me!
I did not then come to my diet senses and realize that Mr never said anything to me about my post-baby size. I did not then finally hop on board with him and clear the house of silly junk food and put more thought into what we eat.
I do not think eating healthy is super boring.
I did not make my husband a dinner of black beans and rice and then make lots of "Mmm. Mmmmm. Mmmmmm." sounds to convince him beans and rice was his kind of meal. Not me!
We did not potty train Fo last week...in 5 days! I am not excited, happy, proud, or any of those things. Not me!
When we had a group of Mr's college friends over for dinner recently, I was not embarrassed to be the only woman there that did not graduate from college. I did not feel lame for being the only woman that has no career and never plans to. I did not feel like a boring house wife. Not me!
For said dinner, I did not make pizza. I was not super pleased when someone told me that she tried to ask Mr what brand of pizza I used. I was not flattered that she like my pizza and did not feel a little less lame for not having a career.
I did not meet some neighbors the other day while on a walk with the girls. I was not trying to wear the girls out so they would sleep well for a nap. This process did not involve us skipping, hopping, dancing and waddling down the street, trying to walk in as many silly ways as possible. I did not re-meet the same gal I embarrassed myself in front of one year ago. I did not re-embarrass myself by pointing out how I embarrassed myself in front of her last year! I would not be so silly! I could not blow my chance twice! Not me!!!
While meeting the other gal, I did not realize she lives in the house where I found this treasure outside waiting for the garbage man. I am not freaking out about her coming over to play and saying something like, "We used to have a house just like that..." Ahhh!!!
While chatting with these neighbors, we did not all pull out our phones to get each other's numbers. I did not squint at my phone for several minutes before admitting that I could not see it clearly enough outside to add a number to it. They did not stare at me like I'm a nerd that can't use her own phone.
I did not feel like I was in elemntary school all over again. Not me!
In the same conversation, when the three of us realized how close in age our kids were, the two ladies did not connect that all of our kids will be in the same grade in school. I did not mention that we're thinking of homeschooling...and they did not stare at me like I'm a freak. I did not wish I could just remember to smile and nod in new situations instead of being my ridiculously open self. Not me!
We have not been going to a new church for the last month. We did not go to a church in town for a year and after much prayer and discussion realize it's just not the right fit for our family. I do not hate starting new churches. I do not miss being in fellowship with other families. We have not been desperate for the right place for us and I am not weary at the thought of all the work that will go into getting to know new people at the new church! (I have to take a not-me break to say I AM so thankful that God has led us to this church. We have zero hard feelings toward the last one, just not right for us. Our girls love this new place and even super shy Fo pulls us to get to her class faster. It's wonderful!)
I am not super social but have not forgotten how to carry a regular adult conversation in my four years of being a stay at home mom. I am not a total spaz now. Not me!
And, finally, I am not getting my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. I am not super-duper nervous. More nervous than I was to have Baby Boo. I do not have one impacted tooth that we're just going to leave in there and 3 erupted teeth that we're yanking so that next year I can get braces. I am not ridiculously excited to get braces and finally have straight teeth!
On the other hand, I am not nervous that having braces in my 30s will affect this new spaz-like, anti-social behavior of mine. Hmmm...
How about you???
No comments:
Post a Comment