Friday, January 13, 2012

minute-forty-five

Still trying to find time to post some amazing party (or just because) recipes. But for now, I must share this.
My housekeeping skills are...leaving much to be desired, let's just say.
Let's also say that Mr. Man's, er, intimate apparel is suffering. After one early morning of finding him grumbling in the dark and digging through (clean, but not put away) laundry piles, I decided that even if I can't succeed in all areas, I should most definitely succeed in this one.
So every few nights, I've made a very real effort to have some intimates clean and in the dryer before we head to bed.
I did such a thing last night.
So when I stirred this morning as Mr was scooting around to get ready, I was a little confused when he said, "Oh man, do I have a blog story for you!"
(FYI - ya know you've been in the blog world too long when your husband says such things to you.
You also know you've been in a crazy dry spell when you get excited at such a statement)
I rubbed my eyes and sat up eagerly. Some how I knew it would have to do with my poor laundering (Ha! Just wanted to throw that in. A little humor from my bank teller days). I said, "There's some in the dryer!"
He answered, "Yes, but the clothes in the dryer are soaked."
Insert grumbling about our sorry excuse for a dryer here. "It was on high last night when I went to bed. Those clothes should be dry!"
Not at all my fault that I crammed as many clothes in as possible...
Defeated, I began to apologize when he laughed and said, "A minute-forty-five in the microwave fixed it! And they were toasty warm when I put 'em on!"
Oh my.
Welp. Now I know.
And so do you. Minute-forty-five. Maybe if you're zapping more then one pair, you would add a minute and rotate half way through?

1 comment:

denise said...

Hahaha! That one was definitely blog-worthy. Very funny.

And I'm impressed that your husband actually volunteered this post.