Saturday, January 7, 2012

All Tangled Up

Little Miss was brought into this world on a very snowy day in December.
Two days after Christmas, to be exact.
Poor kid.
As a result, she has only had family birthday celebrations.
We always tell ourselves that when January (and another paycheck) comes around we'll throw her a wonderful party.
It took four years for that to actually happen.
And it was smashing. And exhausting. So here are the highlights:
The invite:
The front door:
(note the little string of flags covering our oh-so-rude NO SOLITICING sign-don't judge me! We have really frequent sales folk around here, and none of the signs have a please or side-smile-with-polite-embarrassed-shrug-face on them)
Moving on.
Hair. With blue tape. Let's not talk about that. Did you know planning, paying for and executing a child's party induces arguments and tears and lots of eye-rolls between spouses?
Anywho. I was going to braid the hair, but it was midnight. I was tired. Rapunzel's hair is only braided for part of the movie anyway. So there. Tangled, long hair. Hung with blue tape. From the front door and around the living room. Hung with blue tape. I said don't talk about it!!
Star banner:
Little Miss Sass, decorating:
We had the kids decorate crowns before we served lunch.
Fo got a little help from her auntie.
I had so much fun planning the menu - and my dad had fun creating one for me! The front:
The other side won"t post for me, so here is what it said:
Snuggly Duckling Pub
Menu
Braided Herb and Parmesan Breadsticks
Pizza:
Special Spicy Pepperoni – Fit for ruffians and thugs!
Loaded with pepper jack cheese,
mozzarella and pepperoni.
*Also available sans pepperoni.
Rapunzel’s Tantalizing Cheese – Will Tangle your taste buds
Flynn’s Pepperoni Pie – A favorite for this dashing hero
Treats:
Berry Blue Jell-o Boats. The perfect treat for lantern gazing.
Pretty in Pink Princess Cupcakes.
Drink:
Drop of Sun Lemonade.

After lunch, we told the kids to color the walls of the tower, just like Rapunzel:
Fun, right?!
We had an amzing time. I wish we could have invited more families, but our house gets full quick! Yikes!
More pictures (and yummy recipes) to share tomorrow. I'm holding Boo and typing one handed isn't going so well!
Until then!

No comments: