I'm bummed at my lack of interest in blogging lately. I have so much to say, so many pictures to share, so many amazing truths God is showing to me to spread, but no energy. No drive. Part of it is that we are enjoying summer and our new backyard to the fullest (as full as you can with a really full Mama). The other part is that I'm just not comfortable this pregnancy and my energy is going into keeping ths girls entertained and fighting all my urges to just lie on the couch all day.
Good news: I went to the Dr. yesterday and now understand why I'm so tired.
Bad news: I'm anemic and have polyhydramnios again. Basically that's Dr Talk for: holy fluid, Batman!
I had this problem with Fo, and thanks to my blogging two summers ago, I've been able to compare the two pregnancies. This time seems to be a little worse. When I had Fo, my last measurement was 42cm of fluid. I'm still 2 months away from my due date and am measuring 38cm right now.
Anyway. I now have to start bi-weekly NSTs (non-stress tests) and weekly ultrasounds to make sure this little bean is staying happy in her Olympic Size Pool!
Also this week, Fo went for her well-child check and has been referred to a speech therapist. She can say some words, but not many and is still not forming sentences. Our Dr. feels that her vision problems early on delayed some of her development. She is incredibly bright and understands everything we say, she just needs a little guidance.
In spite of our recent medical stresses, good things are always happening. We are so, so blessed. This summer, Mr. Man built a patio cover for us (very necessary in our backyard) and we have spent so much time outside this summer. My parents moved back to town (well, Mom full time, Dad is commuting on weekends), my dad and Mr Man started work on an incredible fort for the girls last week. It's still a work in progress but will once day include a rock climbing wall, a chalkboard, an additional slide and other tiny little gadgets. For now it's just the fort part, but they love to play.
I still have so many things to share, but for now will sign off with pictures.
The girls were invited to the CUTEST party. They were given a box as an invitation that held their uniforms, instructions, and even candy. The theme was NASA training and the entire theme was carried out in the cutest little ways. I'll have to blog in more detail about it another time.
Fo turned two this summer. She loves Mickey Mouse and Minnie, so I attempted Minnie Mouse cake pops. Not too shabby and we had fun eating them :)
Fo's favorite presents: A bitty baby and a nursery center to play with her in. She loves babies! In fact, one of the few words she says is baby and she says it over and over! And this baby has precious little glasses!
The girls love to have picnics in the new fort. Little Miss calls it her "tree house". We are just so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment