Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On To Happier Topics!!

Life is good. Seriously good. Life is good because God is good. I'm a firm believer that in the good, and the bad, God is good.
He deserves praise in the joyful times and praise in the not-so-joyful times.
He is so good.
I am in the habit of calling on Him in trouble and forgetting to outwardly praise Him in blessing.
So. THANK YOU PRECIOUS LORD:

-For my bloggy friend, Denise. What a blessing!!! We just enjoyed our 2nd visit from Denise and her family and it was so wonderful. Our dear husbands (who have been thrown into, let's face it, an awkawrd relationship simply because they're wives met on the internet) braved another full weekend with each ohter. Even more, they watched our girls for us while we enjoyed a lovely brunch, a vintage furniture store, a very brave ride with some propane, and even a tour of some open houses. I wish I could record our conversations (Denise's part, not so much mine) and play them for you. I can't begin to describe what a sweet encouragement she is in life, faith, parenting, wifery (it's a word, right?) and everything else. What a woman. So thankful to be her friend. Even if her stalkerish ways led me to change my entire blog site and our names.

-This pregnancy. Everything is as it should be and I am more thankful each day about this new litle person we are blessed to parent. Hooray!!

-For all the ways You hear and answer me, Lord. Just today as I spent the day praying over a parenting issue, you led me to answers through an unexpected source. God You humble me with Your attentiveness!

-For family walks after dinner. What a special time (even with all the "Don't do that!" "Get back here!" "Ick! Put that down" protests along the way) of being out in Your world with this family You've given me. Thank you!

-For a home and ability to house out-of-town guests...and for the abundance of guests we've been blessed to host this month already! Wowza!!

-For our new church. To sit and listen to Your Word preached in such a direct and true way - Oh Lord, it's like fresh water for my parched spirit! I can't begin to thank You for your goodness in leading us right down the street to such a wonderful church family. Thank you!!

-Lord, there is so much to thank You for! Your goodness is immeasurable, and to think that any of it falls on me, such a hopeless sinner, God I am humbled. Thank You. And thank You for rescuing me from hoplessness and from the punishment of sin.

Praise You God! You have created the heavens and the earth.
All that You created hums with excitement over Your authority.
You, Lord God are awesome!
You, Lord God are good!
You, Lord God are most worthy of praise.
Thank You for Your kindness.
Thank You for Your care.
Thank You for Your wisdom.
Thank You for Your graciousness and patience.
You are worthy!!!

1 comment:

denise said...

You're so sweet. It really was a wonderful weekend. In spite of me and my stalkerish ways ;) You're a wonderful hostess and your husband a great cook/grill master.

In other news...my pregnancy pants fit great. Thank you, thank you, thank you.