Sunday, February 27, 2011

Random Ramblings from the Girl With a FIxed Computer!

Oh Blog World, how I've missed you! After my little break, I was ready to start back up with a vengance...and did. Until my computer broke.
Harumph!
No matter, my Dad had a recycled laptop he was sending our way so I was just waiting...and then it came. And wouldn't let me look at my blog, let alone sign in.
Double Harumph.
Throw in a massive remodel in our home that was not planned and life just got too busy to blog anyway.
My parents are visiting this weekend, and my computer genuius of a father fixed the laptop and here I am! Pictures of remodel soon to come. I guess remodel isn't the right word...you'll just have to wait for that post...and that has to wait until we are finished. Which will be soon. I hope.
I went to bed before Dic last night and he slipped in to let me know my blog was ready to go. My response was: "Wow, too bad I don't have anything to blog about!"
Ever feel that there is so much going on in your life that it feels like nothing is? Does that even make sense?
As I mentioned, my parents are here for a visit this weekend and it has been wonderful. They flew in late Thursday night and fly out this afternoon. It has been a relaxing weekend of eating out, talking and watching Little Miss and Fo entertain the masses. Somehow along the way, Little Miss' "Papa" has turned into "Crap-pa". My father is quite amused.
My Dad and I do our best to sneak in a breakfast during any visits. Yesterday, Little Miss and I took him to my favorite little cafe in our small town. I haven't been there in a while and every visit, I can't help but smile and relish the feel of small town closeness.
It's a small cafe, with friendly owners and a "sit where you like" flung at you as you walk in the door.
There is a long section of tables along the wall when you first walk in, and somehow it seems they have an invisible "reserved" sign hanging above them. The reason is soon obvious.
No matter what time I come on a Saturday, the results of that row of tables is the same. Throughout the morning, farmers old and young, with sons or not, wander in, one or two at a time and sit their overworked selves in that section. By the time we pay our bill, the tables are full of the men that most likely provided our breakfast. I love that. I love to watch them come, sit together, talk together, sip coffee together.
I don't know why, but it's a beautiful thing.
OK, last ramble, but most important:
I've been mulling a few verses lately and I have been bursting to share.
"'As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.'" Isaiah 55:9,10

I can't get over the authority in those words. I can't get over the parallel God makes. Rain and snow are sent for a purose: to make the earth bud and flourish; God's word, too, is sent with purpose: to make His people bud and flourish. More than that, God is God, His word does not return to Him shrugging and apologetic, saying, "Well, I was going to accomplish what you commanded, but..." Never. His word goes out with authority and a purpose that will be fulfilled.
This scripture speaks to my current fears. Throughout His word God makes promises to those who believe. To give them life abudnant, to save them from sins (not only the punishment of sins later, but from the power of sin over our life right now), to give peace...so many things God promises. His promises are His word, and His word never goes out empty. A raindrop never falls without noursihing whatever it lands on.
Oh, Lord, may your words fall fresh on me. Thank You, God!
Any truths fall fresh on you lately?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh I've missed you!! So glad you're back! I totally understand about life being too much to even know what's happening. Sometimes people ask me what's wrong when I say I'm having a hard day and I won't even be able to recall what's been making it hard, I'll just feel beaten! Crazy computer/remodeling/everything. Loved the picture you painted of your cafe, wish my truck stop nearby was that cool. :) That verse is perfect, especially for these last teasing weeks of winter!

melissa said...

Beautiful verse!