Everything is jolly and bright in our home. At this moment, the snow is falling in heaps outside. Our Bible study was canceled as all schools in our area are closed.
A real snow day. It's just as exciting for me, a stay and home mom, as it was when I was a child. The snow has covered Little Miss' little snow man and we will just have to march out later and build a bigger one.
The girls are watching Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, and I have been snapping pictures of all our Christmas touches. And yes, I'm going to share.
Lucky you.
We celebrate advent with our church and this is our advent centerpiece. We don't do candles as Little Miss would be too anxious to blow them out and not listen to the scripture reading and song. I love this little nativity set that my friend, Jeni, gave me years ago. I love that Mary is bowing before Jesus. It's easy to forget that she was an ordinary, very blessed woman, as much in need of a Savior as the rest of us. But, oh, what a special woman she must have been. To cherish and mother your own Savior? My heart cannot fathom it.
I have been wanting two things at Christmas for a very long time: a real pine wreath (we have a fake tree and it just doesn't smell the same!) and a bag of cinnamon pine cones. This year, I was able to snag both! Hoorah! Our house smells so...Christmasy!
And, of course, I have to share the cuteness of Fo Her hair is so much longer and thicker than Little Miss' was. Almost too long for the pony on top. I found cute little barrettes, the butterfly kind from when I was young, and they hold her hair back beautifully. Her glasses are finally starting to fit better, but they slip down a lot. Her new nickname, especially this time of year, is Ralphie.
Finally, what do these two boxes of cereal have in common?
A sweet Little Miss, of course! We have entered the world of "reading" cereal boxes during breakfast...and hiding behind them to eat a doughnut since Fo can't have one and we don't want to hurt her feelings. This girl reads all the time. I can't believe she'll be THREE in less than a month! Wow!
3 comments:
Great pics! I love your glass cube decoration. I got a bag of the cinnamon pine cones as well and I think my mommy and I are going to make pine wreaths. I love seeing pictures of your babies, they are gorgeous. Remember when we were kids and I would come visit on Christmas Eve? I remember your house was so warm and cozy. =) I love remembering the things from that time in my life, most of them involved you!
The glass cube is super cute. Think you could share a "how to" post for that one? I'd love to make one.
Ralphie...hahahaha!
I love all the Christmas and advent decor! If I didn't get headaches from the delicious smells of the pinecones and wreaths I'd have them here in our home if we could, but I'll settle gladly for the scent of coffee cakes and cookies in the air.. Fo looks so grown up with her hair like that, what a doll! :)
Post a Comment