It doesn't need to be said, but I'll say it anyway: I love Christmas.
I love the season, I love the lights, the smells, the music, the cheer, the crowded stores, the decorations, the food, the cards... mostly the reminder of Christ's humble beginnings (in spite of all the commercialism)...
Everything.
When Little Miss was born, then Fo, Christmas became even more special. Now that LM is almost 3 (yikes!!!!) it's more fun to share with her and watch her experience Christmas. It's so brand new to her. Fo just watches everything with a bewildered look on her sweet face.
I love that almost every day there is a card in the mail, and I've hated that we haven't sent one out yet. I'm unorganized and forgetful and money has been tight the last few years.
So...this blog is about to sound like an advertisement, because it is ;)
I have a chance (and so do you bloggers) to get 50 free holiday cards from shutterfly.
Can I get a big woot-woot?!
This year, I am definitely sending out cards. And even though I should get these ones for free (man, I love that word!), I really could have afforded them in the past if I would have taken time to look.
Even more exciting?
They have more than cards! (although check out the one I'm thinking of sending)
They have mugs ( I love the one with pink flowers and chocolate!)
and calendars ( I like the desk one for my Dad - shhhh...you didn't read this, Daddy!)
Anway. A lot of great stuff. You should really check it out and sign up for the free 50 cards.
And then send one to me!
So what is your favorite part of Christmas? What kind of card do you love? The letter? The picture? The simple card with a greeting inside? Do share!
3 comments:
I had to respond to your question.
Any Christmas card is good to get in the mail (just being remembered by another is special). But I do have a rating of cards, here are the two ends of that system:
Card with signature: good
Card with photo, postage, coordinating envelope, family letter, hand written personal note to me and glitter: The best
I had someone challenge that system saying what about a gift card, I agreed that that would be nice but since I hadn't got one those it would not be on the system.
Merry Christmas.
Awesome!!! I am hoping to get Christmas cards out this year... Or at least something!! I haven't in the past. All sendings I've ever done are thank you's and birth announcements for C...only a few made it out after E! Maybe I'll work on mine tonight if the kids make it to bed early enough. Good luck with yours, I love your pick!!
Hey, thanks for posting about the Shutterfly deal. I already have some Christmas cards there IN MY CART, but I hadn't ordered them yet. Now I'll try to get the 50 free deal.
Post a Comment