She did amazingly well all morning on an empty tummy. It was the 3 am wake-up that was the hardest. She kept busy in the waiting room watching these fish.
Once in our little "cubicle" she wanted to play in the crib and was hamming it up. She was very happy and onyl showed a little anxiety with strangers.
They gave her some "happy juice" and a new bear. The nurse "strongly recommended" that we go to the cafeteria for the first 30 minutes and I'm so glad she did/ It made time go much faster. Thanks to the happy juice, she didn't really notice when the nurse took her from me. As for me? I cried in the elevator.
We just rocked and rocked while she woke up. It felt so good to have her in my arms.
This evening she's been pretty happy...and hungry! She is eating and nursing like crazy. We have some Tylenol with a little something extra for pain and to help her sleep. It's hard to tell, but her eyes are already straight! Now we are just going to work on patching to strengthen her lazy eye. She will be in glasses most, if not for the rest of, her life.
3 comments:
Praying Fo heals quickly with no complications.
Blessings,
Melissa
I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went smoothly! That picture of you holding her in the rocking chair brought tears to my eyes. I can imagine that it was a difficult day for you.
Fo will continue to be in my prayers.
Praise God the surgery went well! I will keep praying she'll heal with no infection. So glad that's behind you. Hope you have a good week cuddling with your sweeties.
Post a Comment