Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkin Patch with Grace Upon Grace

It started early this year. My Christmas butterflies.
That's right: Christmas butterflies.
When I was a child we didn't acknowledge Halloween. But I remember the coloring sheets and the bat shaped cookies with shiny sprinkles.
I remember that Halloween decorations were soon replaced with cornucopias and turkey's made out of hand cutouts.
Soon Christmas was upon us.
The entire season of fall through winter just sparkles and dances before me each year.
This year, however, it hit me early.
Long before the Grace Upon Grace visit and pumpkin patch fun we all shared.
Anyway, instead of getting into all my mushy feelings, I'll just share pictures from our fun, full day. We hit a local farm and enjoyed watching the girls jump in the bouncy house, hop on a swing ride, feed some very stinky animals and brave a barrel train pulled by a tractor. We all rode out to the pumpkin patch on a hay ride. Turns out we picked a much better time to pick through the fields.
Our first go-round we were a little late.
This time after some hiking and digging we found an abundance of just right pumpkins and they are proudly displayed out front.
I think both families had a fun day.
Even when it ended with Little Miss' fever and an upchuck incident.
Fun times!
Sunshine and Little Miss really got along. Both strong willed ladies, we were surprised how quickly they became friends.






Our men are both quiet spirits. But they had more fun than I think they would admit. Denise and I should buy them matching BFF mugs, eh?

1 comment:

denise said...

Our pumpkins are out front too, and looking very fall-ish.

Meanwhile, I've been listening to Christmas music for a couple weeks and definitely getting into the Christmas spirit. Go figure.