Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Skinny

My husband is amazing. He takes such great care of us and while he's not a man aware of, or in any way acquainted with, his sensitive side, he is sensitive to our needs as ladies. And he is pretty cute to boot.
After becoming pregnant, nursing, becoming pregnant again and nursing again, my body has gone through quite a few changes is shape and size. Then, thanks to my little "dairy free" bout, I shed a few pounds. That was the final straw for my pants.
My pants are all 3 years old or older and a bit on the...used up side.
Belts weren't cutting it and my hips were starting to chaff from tugging my pants up all day long.
Dic took me shopping yesterday and I am feeling pretty comfy in my new jeans.
My new skinny jeans.
I can't believe I jumped on that wagon.
But it was fun strutting around church this morning feeling a little more feminine and a little more "stylin'".
I love Lisa's blog. She inspires me. SO MUCH.
Unfortunately...I'm not sure what I'm inspired to do...other than gaze upon her creative pictures and thoughts and sigh.
She has been linking up with this gal to do somewhat of a fashion show each week to get in the groove of dolling up a bit.
I'm inspired.
I went shopping.
I'm joining in.
So here's a preview of my new wardrobe:

Pants: Mossimo Skinny jeans from Plato's closet
Yellow t-shirt: Plato's closet
Black ruffle shirt: Old Navy
Pointy Black heels : Macy's

5 comments:

Amy said...

You are awesome, and I noticed your adorable "stylin", might I add, outfit today and am planning a trip for my own skinny jeans. Hey, I need them too! My "fashionable" teenage friend handed me down some boots that simply cannot be worn with bootcut jeans months ago, so I have to get some. I have to. Even though I swore I would not go that route when that bandwagon came to town last year, or was it even before that? Anyways, I am off to go to your friend Lisa's, etc, blogs to get even more excited. I wonder if Andy would mind watching the kids this evening...hmmmmmm. ;)

Lisa said...

You and your new clothes look great!

The Hairista said...

Lookin' Good, Lady! :)

denise said...

Way to be brave and try skinny jeans. Now I KNOW I need to get a pair before we visit!

Cute outfit.

Amy.E said...

Looking good! And I don't think I've gotten around to mentioning it but I love your current hairstyle too!