The other morning Little Miss came out of her room in a grump.
I pulled her into my lap for a little cuddle, then suggested we pray.
We prayed that God would help us to have good attitudes and enjoy the day He created. When we were finished, Little Miss leaned back and looked at me with complete seriousness and said, "Him said no."
I cocked my head to the side and asked, "Who said no to what, honey?"
"God. God said no. No attitude." Sweet girl, sassy girl.
"Ah. Well, since God tells us to have joyful hearts, I promise He will never say no when we ask Him for a joyful heart."
"Oh!"
I can't remember how many times we had to take a break or how often I had to send Little Miss to her bed that day to work on her heart, but I do know that I need that reminder so often.
God never asks things of me that He won't help me to do.
He never asks anything of me that He hasn't done Himself.
When it comes to things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy...God never says no.
But I have noticed, He never says yes the way I expect Him to. If I had an immediate heart change, would I learn to have a permanent heart change? If God did things my way, would they work out at all? I am constantly having to remind myself that: yes, God is my friend. Yes, He is approachable and His love is unconditional...He is those things and more, but He is also GOD. The King of Kings, Lord of Lords and Creator of all things.
I think I should trust His way above my own, eh?
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Philippians 4: 4-8
"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD.
'As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8,9
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5,6
His plans are always better than ours.
1 comment:
She's a character, your Little Miss! Thanks for this post. It's an encouragement to me today.
Post a Comment