Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Keurig

My Kuerig broke. My wonderful, beloved coffee maker.
It didn't break entirely, just stopped doing the job it was meant to do the way it was designed to do it. My in-laws are here this week and were helping me fiddle with it and it still produced coffee, but not as it should. They have the same coffee maker and had experienced similar problems with theirs and were able to take it back to Costco and replace it.
As mine was a present from my parents and my parents are most likely moving on Saturday, I quickly called and asked if they would try to return mine to Costco for a working one.
They agreed and I picked up my new one last night.
I was shocked! More than new, it's upgraded! 5 cup size settings instead of 3, a temperature setting, a bigger water tank, AND it came with 60 free K -cups of coffee! I feel as if I ripped Costco off, but I have to remember that mine was malfunctioning.
This morning I got to thinking: isn't that just God's way with us?
He gives us a wonderful product (life) and somewhere along the way, we stop using this life the way He designed us to. Now I didn't cause the damage in my machine, but I have caused damage in my own life. Going my own way, choosing things He warned me about. I am constantly malfunctioning.
And yet, I can take this broken, damaged life of mine, hand it in to Him and He not only replaces it with a new life, but a life abundant! Talk about an upgrade!
Life here on earth might not change for the better, in fact it might become tougher as we fight a bigger battle. But peace is ours to claim in abundance. God's guidance and wisdom are fully available through the Holy Spirit and Scripture.
Yes, I am thankful and humbled that when I walk up to "God's Counter" and hand Him my broken, smudged, malfunctioning life, he takes it, without judgment or question, then disposes of it and never looks at it again.
Instead, He hands me a replacement life. One of forgiveness, mercy, eternal salvation and joy. Free! No restrictions!
Thank You, Lord. I love my new "Kuerig"!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great analogy!!!! I love how God teaches us in the little things! :)

denise said...

Coffee = life. Great comparison!

I'm glad you have your coffee back.

Adrian said...

oo, oo, ooooooo nice job getting a spiritual lesson out of your coffee maker! love it! and sooooo truly good. mhmmm. loving you!