This time last year...
I didn't know you.
You spoke to me through kicks, rolls and jabs.
I was carrying so much water I literally swished and sloshed all over when I walked.
I was anxious and excited to meet you.
I didn't know you would arrive the way you did: late, in an operating room with my heart in my throat.
I didn't know you.
I was extra cuddly with Little Miss because she was still my little baby.
I was round and sore and tired.
I was happy and content with you inside.
I didn't know you.
I didn't know you had dimples.
I didn't know you would have lots of dark hair that would turn golden brown in the summer.
I didn't know your cry would make me want to pull my hair out.
I didn't know you would look at me the way you do.
I didn't know what your giggle sounded like.
I didn't know what soft cheeks you would have.
I didn't know what a cuddle bug you would be.
I didn't know what a temper you would have.
I didn't know that today you would be sporting some super cute pink glasses.
I didn't know that you would fill my heart to bursting with love and happiness.
I didn't know you and your sister would love each other so much.
A year ago, my Fo Bear...
I didn't know you.
Oh what a wonderful year that has followed.
Full of knowing you and loving you.
1 comment:
A year sure goes by fast, doesn't it? She sure is a sweetie! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment